Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Which video games have the best plot lines?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DavidHernandez26, Nov 10, 2017.

1. DavidHernandez26

What’s your opinion?

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Star Wars: Episode III for ps2.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Frogger

Ken likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Zelda OoT ranks as my #1 all time game and for the fucking life of me idk how we've not yet seen Zelda make it to the big screen considering the success of thing like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also banjo kazooie

6. chris

Trusted Supporter

dadbolt and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

BioShock

SEANoftheDEAD, navidson and dadbolt like this.
  8. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

The Witcher 3 (not sure how the others in the series stack up)

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 2.

dadbolt likes this.
  10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The Last of Us
    Bioshock/Infinite
    Wolfenstein 2 is new but it's up there for me

navidson likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

- Planescape: Torment - Fascinating story mixed with varied, flawed, memorable characters make this my top choice if we're talking about pure plot. The writing is phenomenal and gripping, the choices you make really do shape your adventure and the world and atmosphere is top notch.

- The Witcher series has a good, if mostly standard, fantasy plot but is also very well written and the world building is where the game really shines for me. I'd probably pick 2 over 3 in terms of main plot but as a game 3 absolutely wins out in one of the most absorbing worlds in a video game (and also being based on a fleshed out world from a very good existing book series helps), packed the brim with incredible side stories and moments. There are some side quests that aren't the focus of the game, but are still some of my favorite little stories in video games.

- The Trails (Trails in the Sky/Trails of Cold Steel) series is sort of like an anime/JRPG counterpart to a lot of my thoughts on The Witcher series. The plot itself is pretty excellent - sure, it goes into some anime cliches at times, but it's still incredibly interesting with twists and turns, huge memorable moments and set pieces. The detail to the worldbuilding and history is unparalleled, especially in a JRPG, giving you information on events throughout their history, giving you hints to characters' motivations and help you piece together how the world got to the state it's in. The scale of the series is gigantic, spanning, currently, eight games in three subseries that each give you insight on how a certain section of the world operates and perceives the other areas. Oh, and the gigantic cast is wonderful as well, most of them given ample development over multiple games despite the large size. It's one of my favorite ongoing video game series, almost entirely for plot/writing reasons.

I feel like I wrote a bit too much already but gotta throw in:

-Nier/Nier Automata - Deep themes, insane plot twists, both of these are a must play if you want to experience the two best experiences by perhaps the most pleasantly insane man in video games.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Ken likes this.