Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where's all the reviews?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SEANoftheDEAD, Aug 18, 2016.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

One part of ap.net that I loved was reading all of the album reviews. It seemed as if everyday there were new reviews being posted, which helped me discover a ton of great albums/artists.

Will there be more album reviews posted in the future or is the site straying away from them at the moment?

Ken likes this.
  2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So there is a new system where you must email Jason@chorus.fm and he will publish the reviews. He's currently really behind on reviewing them since starting up the new site.

You should try writing some and submitting to him.

Robk and Ken like this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Robk and Ken like this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Awesome, thanks for the head's up!

Robk likes this.
  5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

So like theoretically, I could submit a review? I'm confused.

6. DiscoMark

I don't get Kanye West

The day of the good old album review are numbered. With spotify (and other streaming services) you can basically listen to the album without needing to fork-out money for it and it also gives you an unbiased ability to make up your own mind (since you haven't spent money on it, you don't force yourself to like it). So I dare say reviews are a pretty low priority for this site anymore. And on that, the reviews they do have up, are basically just rated 'recommended' or 'highly recommended' anyway, you barely see a negative review anymore, so I'm not sure Jason is going to put up reviews criticizing any album considering he's trying to push his site.

I do love in-depth album related articles though, about what songs are about, what the band was going through when writing etc...

But generally, just a review article to say this songs good, this song isn't... are so down to personal taste that they just aren't really needed anymore.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's sort of a bummer. I love reading reviews, not necessarily because I'm thinking of checking something out, but just to invest myself in that person's thoughts, especially if they're talking about something I've already listened to. I know that stuff can be talked about on the message boards now, but there's something beautiful about someone sitting down and collecting their thoughts as cohesively and properly as they possibly can for one static piece