Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette (Richard Linklater, March 22, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Directed and co-written by Richard Linklater, the film is based on the 2012 novel of the same name by Maria Semple and revolves around an agoraphobic architect and mother named Bernadette Fox (Cate Blanchett), who goes missing prior to a family trip to Antarctica.

Also starring Billy Crudup, Kristen Wiig, and Judy Greer.

Billy Crudup Joins Cate Blanchett, Kristen Wiig In Richard Linklater’s ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette’

Judy Greer Cast In Richard Linklater’s ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette’

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I had never heard of this novel before but it sounds cool and I really want to read it now.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

Hopefully the beginning of the film has an apology for Last Flag Flying. He was on such a good run for a few years that it can make you forget how many bad ones he has had in the past.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuck

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

Guessing it means a major festival debut. Cannes??

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

vibe of the marketing is totally different, while still largely showing the same footage. pretty odd.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just read the book - didn't have a clue there's a film coming. Not sure how they'll capture the magic and the vibe of the book in film but this could be good if executed well.

11. phaynes12

kinda concerned about the reshoots/restructured marketing. doesn’t have the feel of a linklater movie anymore at all. this feels like an oncoming mess. really hope that’s not the case

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

So yeah, reviews ain't looking good

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Bummer, really wanted this to be amazing. I guess I’ll read the book first now that I know it’s something I can wait to see.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

Linklater was on a solid run for a while that it was forgotten how inconsistent he has been throughout his career. Last Flag Flying was truly awful.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

When I finished the book I thought they'd struggle to capture the magic of it on screen. It's a shame though.

16. phaynes12

but even the bad films haven’t been such a mismanaged disaster during production that this one seems to have been. it’s a pretty odd scenario.

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I was oddly charmed by this WEIRD ASS movie. This movie is so fucking weird, I cannot overstate that.

18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm always down for something weird.

riotspray likes this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

Honestly, when a film by a major filmmaker gets buried like this, I'm usually low-key even more excited to see it. Some of my favorite recent films are Eastwood's The 15:17 to Paris and De Palma's Domino, both of which very much fit in that categorization. Sometimes the result is awful, but in other instances we get a glimpse at them doing something beyond their usual skill set or just completely out there. Gonna try to see this in the next few days.

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Very curious about this. Gonna try to go tomorrow.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This is not last flag flying. That was clearly work for hire. With this he definitely had a vision but it got (mostly) lost.

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is this worth checking out?

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’d say if you have an unlimited pass go for it. Definitely wasn’t bored.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Does this have a UK release date? I can't find one, which is weird. It definitely doesn't look like it's out yet.

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I do, I’ll do my best to fit it in this week