Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where do you want to end up? • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lindsay M, Apr 14, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

You can quote me on this one: I'll never move east of the Rocky Mountains. To clarify, Denver is technically east, but it's right there, ya' dig?

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Ah that's awesome, what do you hope to do with your degree?

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm hoping to play trumpet professionally -- in an orchestra is my major goal, but being employed in some type of freelance capacity would also be cool.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

SeaTac is the number one option. Denver/Boulder is second.

crunchprank and muttley like this.
  5. fishguts182

Regular

I really want to move to Denver soon, love that city and can see myself living there for a long time.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Denver is a great city.

7. NotBruce

Regular

Portland, again.

8. muttley

Anyone here live in Tacoma, WA? If so, how is it?

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I have several friends that live in or around Tacoma, they love it. I know that's not especially helpful but just my two cents haha

10. muttley

You're good haha. I've seen some mixed opinions on other websites so I thought it would be nice to get a straight answer. It's cheaper than Seattle so it has that going for it.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've been there once and I thought it was nice. I really enjoyed the whole seatac area

Yeah cheaper and you're really close to Seattle anyway then

12. GEM37 Jan 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2017)
    GEM37

She haunts the roads

Sorry, I know this is like a year old, but I just stumbled across this and had to jump in on it!

I lived in Olympia, WA for several years to attend college. My best friend who I met there was from Tacoma.

Tacoma gets a fairly bad rap amongst Washingtonians. As I understand it, there was a lot gang violence that occurred there through the 80's and 90's - there's a district called Hilltop that was especially notorious. I heard stories from several people about cars being stolen from different cities and being located in Tacoma. There's a pier and a paper plant there that you can smell from the highway, which has earned the nickname 'The Aroma of Tacoma.'

Having said all that... I actually think it's pretty nice! Granted, my friend's dad owns his own company and as such lives in the nice part of town (house on top of a hill overlooking the water, close to the arts district.) But, it always seemed like a pretty chill city to me. And with the influx of people moving to Seattle, a lot of folks are moving to Tacoma and commuting to Seattle on weekdays.

It's all the pluses and minuses of gentrification (rent is starting to go up rather quickly), but if you were ever looking for a time to move there, now would probably be it!

13. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Have lived in Indiana my whole life. Would be gone already if it wasn't for friends and family being around. My wife and I would like to live somewhere in California one day (pretty broad I know). I've visited LA a few times for work and love it there, but probably just wherever we can afford around a nice climate there at the time we're ready to make that move.

14. muttley

Good info! I still don't have any immediate plans to move but I think about that area a lot. By the time I'm ready to move, I won't be able to afford Tacoma haha.

GEM37 likes this.
  15. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Lived in Long Island most of my life (outside a year in CT and sporadic time in the Boston and Fall River, MA areas.)
    I been going back and forth and intend to move full time to Maryland later this year with my lady, we've spoke about getting life established there and then MAYBE moving to Philly. Philly is the most likely, she has alluded to Colorado & Washington (and thats okay) but I wanna be close enough to family god forbid anything happens.

16. crazy nate

Harumph

Once I make my millions I want to summer in Alaska, and winter in Maui.

17. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Sounds amazing. I love Maui and am saving up to take my boyfriend there in 2018. Can't wait.

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Oh hey you did it

19. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

is this site your vision board?

Laura and Fucking Dustin like this.
  21. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Ultimately I'd love to be doing the exact same kind of work I do now, only perhaps with a different company. And more importantly, be living somewhere in the state of Washington. Preferably in Seattle for the first few years, but eventually move a little more east and into a more rural, remote town. I spent all last year attempting to move to Seattle, only to be dealt one major blow after another until I just got too discouraged and had to take a break. But I'm determined and I'm sure I'll get there at some point.

22. Dog with a Blog

Moving to Long Beach in the fall to work on getting my BA in English. Then move to Japan and teach English there for an indefinite period of time.

23. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Obviously!

From now on all of my posts will be about visiting Italy.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Asleep forever

ChaseTx likes this.