Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where do you want to end up? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lindsay M, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll still be Baltimore City, if I'm not dead; otherwise, I've asked for my ashes to be poured directly on top of Lenin's glass case.

2. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

I'll be in the suburbs of Chicago.
    I was born and raised in the city and love it but my girlfriend and I are planning on having kid(s) at some point and raising kid(s) in the city is so expensive it makes my head spin thinking of how my parents swung it.

3. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I love winter around Christmas time.

After that the cold and snow can fuck off

4. I love the Boston area but I've been here my whole life so I'd love to live in Seattle for a couple years or something. Kinda tough with a baby and a lot of debt though.

5. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

For all you Pacific Northwesterners, is it as rainy there as the stereotypes say it is?

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Nothing good will come of thinking of this

Or avoiding it. One of these must be correct.

7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Will likely move West some day. Perhaps west coast, maybe somewhere like Kansas or Nevada idk. Definitely would like to move to a bigger city. San Diego has always seemed appealing to me

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'd love to move out to the West Coast or maybe Austin. Sometimes I like the idea of settling down in a small town in the American heartland where everyone knows each other but I'm sure there socio-political views will make my head explode so nah. Also I'd like to be near a major city.

9. Most likely still in the Chicago area, probably the suburbs by that point.

Unless I come into a lot of money, in which case I'll move back to my hometown and open a music venue. That's the dream for me, but the upfront costs and general instability of the live music industry make me hesitant.

10. mena

This whole box is Pepe Silvia! Prestigious

Spent my whole live in places where winter lasts from October to April. I've given up on snow and wind chill at this point.

11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

not really... I think it rains more in the NY than Seattle. Although, it gets really depressing/dark in the winter+fall months and our summers come a little late, but you grow to be okay with it. there's more pros than cons

Timmiluvs likes this.
  12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I'd like to live in Chicago for a while after college, though I'd also like to spend significant time living abroad, whether that be in Dublin, Moscow (or Yekaterinburg or Novosibirsk), or Almaty (or Astana).

13. [​IMG]

scott, muttley and Arry like this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

Steady job in Computational Biology. Ideally i'd like to stay in Boston since it's so good for that here, but I have always envied the Pacific Northwest. Or Quebec/Montreal.

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I was asked this question four years ago when I graduated college... and I am nowhere near where I envisioned.

But if I got to hand pick it all, I'd probably live in either Florence, Italy or Barcelona, Spain and write novels.

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Basically everyone in here said a big city, haha.

Just bought a house in little Appleton, Wisconsin and don't really plan on leaving. Really like it here. It helps that I go to big cities all the time for work, pretty much get my fill of them there.

17. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Unrealistically but forever dreaming: London. Possibly: Chicago. Realistically: Northern Virginia. Doing what? God knows, just something with good money and won't fuel male pattern baldness.

18. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This is a really tough question for me these days. I went to school for film and have had the good fortune to work on a few films and lots of commercials, but after the Michigan film incentives were first cut down to a cap and then later abolished entirely (in a year we will also be the only state in the country without a film office thanks to Governor Snyder (you may know him as the Flint water guy and all around asshole)) the job well has practically run dry. It's been a rough few months. I finished shooting a short film last summer and have never gotten around to editing it because I've just been...depressed. I have always wanted to move out of Michigan and go to where the work is. I have friends from school and various shoots who have moved on to California or Georgia (a state which now basically has the incentive program we used to) and it's hard to see their progress on facebook and not feel jealous or frustrated with myself. Picking up and moving across the country without a safety net isn't the most reasonable solution for me anymore because I have a wife and baby to think about. My wife is also a homebody and loves it here. She is very supportive of me and always says she will go with me because she has honestly only ever been concerned career wise with being a mom. Moving away from her family would devastate her though and I know it. California is also expensive. I have done a lot of work here and I know I could get a job out there. I've turned down offers in the past for shoots because they wouldn't be permanent and flying out is expensive and I would miss a lot of time with my wife and son who is only six months old. It's just hard to know what to do. I have lived here my whole life and I do love my home state but I also just can't take it anymore. It's suffocating. And yeah, winter is basically six months of the year here and it gets exhausting. I don't know. I guess I hope wherever I end up, I am at peace.

bigmike and Mokena like this.
  19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Realistically I'll probably be in NYC before the end of next year, and I'll be there for a while. Long term I want to go south eventually. I really really hate the cold, but finding a place that is relatively close to the busyness of Manhattan and warm all the time could be a bit difficult.

20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Oregon would be cool. Realistically, I'll have more job opportunities in California and I'll probably end up in the bay area. I wouldn't mind that though.

21. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Indianapolis because all of my friends and family are around the area. Idk what I'd like to be doing work-wise for sure but I'm in IT and I sure as hell hope I'm not still doing it by 2021.

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I like where I live. I can definitely see myself "ending up" here.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

One day I'm going to go to an Enrique show in Miami where I will be called on stage to be the Hero girl. He'll kiss me on stage and realize it's true love. We'll move to Portland and I'll do social work up there. During a trip to LA I meet Jaime Camil. We decide to have an arrangement for when Enrique is on tour. Enrique is cool with it. A deal is struck. We have a few great years, but they turn out to be too much drama so we end things amicably. I write a memoir called Una familia de tres: You Can Take My Breath Away where I air out their dirty laundry and rake in the $$$. I use the money to help out my fam and then buy a summer house on the Oregon coast where I spend the rest of my days eating candy.

It's all about making doable goals.

24. Kiana

But if my original plan doesn't pan out I'd still like to live in pdx, Seattle or so cal. idk if social work is what I wanna do forever but I'd like to pursue it further. I'd also like a house on the Oregon coast but I feel like my line of work isn't lucrative, so probs not. I def don't have any desire to leave the west coast

25. Kiana Apr 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2016)
    Kiana

I don't think it is. And honestly you kinda get used to it. Like unless it's pouring rain I honestly don't notice it at all. I never have had to carry an umbrella or anything. The only time I've been like OMG this rain is RIDIC is driving through the Gorge, where you should get a souvenir tshirt for not dying every time.