Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where do you want to end up?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lindsay M, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Where do you see yourself living in the next 5 years? 10?

I'm a graduate student in St. Louis currently, but when my program is done (2019) we're planning to move outside of Missouri, at least for a few years. Top locations on my list right now are Portland, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, and London (because my boyfriend's company has a big office there).

2. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Is the grave an option?

3. AKA the most terrifying question ever.

mrgenious, mad and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

It is! I know. Fun to dream about though, especially if you're thinking a few years down the road.

Why Bother? likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd love to be with the same company making a lot more money. lol

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

as far as living San Francisco and New York City sound nice minus spending $2000 a month to live in a closet

as far as career no clue but I feel I should know

Why Bother? likes this.
  7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm in school now but me and my wife are buying a house in Seattle this summer so I will be here for awhile. I want to move to Los Angeles some day but we will see if that happens. As for job I'm in school for teaching so I'll do that, plus all the creative side projects I dabble in that I hope someday make me rich so I can travel.

Lindsay M likes this.
  8. I guess I do know where I want to physically be.

In a perfect world, in five years I'll be living in a nice apartment in Boston or Buenos Aires. That's where I want to see myself.

9. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I think after seeing all the city threads, I was thinking more like, where do you physically want to end up? Like what city?

But obviously this is a bigger question, too. Maybe a little too big. Interpret how you'd like :)

Why Bother? likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'll be stuck in Dallas

11. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Still wasting hours on the Chorus.fm forums

KennedyBN likes this.
  12. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

13. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Haha, I hope so!

14. TotesAndGoats

Bear

Living in a van, down by the river.

KennedyBN and muttley like this.
  15. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Part of me really likes the idea of going abroad (London, Paris, anywhere in New Zealand of Australia) but I think the pull back to Boston will get to me eventually. I try to get to as many cities as I can, but I always feel at home there.

16. Probably will stay in Minneapolis for the long-term but want to get to a point where I am self-employed and can travel more. Maybe a vacation condo somewhere warm.

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

Well back in college it was Portland and I've been here now for nearly 2 years and think it's an incredible city. I've done things (job-wise, life-wise) that I don't think I would have been able to otherwise in central NY. That said, will I be here in 5 years? Yeah maybe. Will I be here forever? Idk, prob not. I've heard Minneapolis is nice, I could always move back to NY or Boston. Depends what I'm doing/who I'm with tho I guess.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

In all seriousness though, I haven't thought that far ahead. My primary goal is to graduate college next year and then figure it out from there. I have a job lined up for when I graduate, but much after that Im not sure on yet.

20. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

I'd love to go back to Seward, Alaska and try living like a hermit out there... either that or Deruyter, NY.

21. Minneapolis is great but a lot of people refer to it as like the Portland of the midwest. Super similar except for colder winters.

22. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Texas! I'm planning a move within the next year. As for career, I want to work in local government eventually. I have an interview in West Texas (Lubbock) later this month, so maybe that'll be the place.

23. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It's great to live in for sure. The only reason I'm negative about it is that I'm forced to live here haha but as far as a place to live/work/etc it's wonderful

Lindsay M likes this.
  24. chris

Trusted Supporter

I can see that. I imagine the winter there is at least somewhat comparable to upstate NY winter which I have plenty of experience with so I don't think I would have trouble acclimating in that respect. Not sure I'm too eager to go back though haha.

25. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I'd love to maybe move to the Pacific Northwest, but I'll likely still be stuck here in Ohio.