Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where Can I Stab Myself in the Ears • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2017.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

A lot of people still love Brand New's first album. It's kinda obvious that they don't like it as much, but they've never belittled anyone for liking those songs.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Chester's frustration at certain fans' comments is funny. The frustration in this thread at Chester's comments isn't funny. K. Whatever.

Raku likes this.
  3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I don't see anything wrong with it. He must be frustrated to hear this shit all the time and the comments "bring back Hybrid Theory sound" do hold back his band from a sound they want to do (even if it sucks) and potentially influence other fans when it's always top comments on YouTube or anywhere else.

Raku and FTank like this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The new album isn't even out yet and I'm already ready for their next one.

truelovewaits and Schooner like this.
  5. Schooner May 10, 2017
    (Last edited: May 10, 2017)
    Schooner

Trusted

Good point
    I got slammed for saying a hate the FOB stuff (well mainly the American Pysco album, a lot more people jumped aboard the pain train after last weeks single)

PandaBear! likes this.
  6. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. tomtom94

Trusted

See the difference is I remember when moving on from Hybrid Theory meant accepting Minutes to Midnight or Thousand Suns. You know, good music.

carrytheweight likes this.
  8. Username wins.

jorbjorb likes this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Apologies for TL;DR but I want to contribute to discussion for once!

Chester's comment is moronic for sure and it's clear none of us condone it, but I can see that it comes from a source of frustration that I think we as fans don't always give enough thought to - Fans and Bands will never see eye-to-eye on this topic IMO because both sides are valid. Obviously he's expressed his feelings incorrectly here but an angry "get the fuck over it" and a polite "please move on from TTYG/TOYP&J" or whatever still express the same sentiment - that bands fear the albums they are creating now will never live up to nor provoke the same passionate response from fans as their "classic" from the past because the fans won't let that happen. There is absolutely no problem at all with loving one album and wanting a band to continue and develop that albums' sound, but LP are on album 9 and still are consigned to the shadows of album 1 - Chester is rightfully pissed!

That would make me angry & upset if I were in that position - I would just hope that, should I choose to express my feelings my media training would help me spit out a respectable quote lol. I think my point is, when we have those sorts of discussions when new FOB/Blink etc. drops, we don't think about things from the band perspective enough, just from ours as fans/consumers.

Raku likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

Mike Shinoda the voice of reason as usual

Erwin89 likes this.
  11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Also like how the 'anyone' in this case is the lead singer of his fucking band

Butinsmallsteps and Schooner like this.
  12. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Sounds like a little bitch who's bitter about the fact that their band's music doesn't hold a candle to the flash in a pan which was their first album. He had his moment, now he's salty. Fairly predictable conclusion to a 2000s nu-metal artist.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I can lock down that Candyass by Orgy was my first cd purchase haha

Aaron Mook and carrytheweight like this.
  14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Mine was most definitely Dude Ranch. Hybrid Theory was second. Gorillaz s/t was third.

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I haven't listened to LP in well over a decade, but to suggest they were a flash in the pan and didn't sustain success beyond their first album is completely and utterly false. Even their 2014 release was #1 or near the top of every chart on earth.
    That he's exasperated to hear people still griping or asking their near 20 year old album isn't uncommon, and doesn't make him a "little bitch, who's bitter" - even though I agree with others that his actually response lacked tact or consideration of their fans.

Raku, Davjs and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The quote was better than the music, I at least got a little chuckle.

Schooner likes this.
  17. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This seems to be the case more than anything. Imagine them, their management/label probably had a conversation that went something like "hey, it's cool that you guys went back to your rockin' roots but if you're interested in remaining relevant, you might want to try something else." That being said, of the 4 tracks I've heard I don't think this is a terrible approach. Fall Out Boy and Paramore are taking the same attitude and attempting to re-shape what we think of as "modern rock".

elemenohpe likes this.
  18. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

True artists change their sound based on their changing influences, passions, reflections on life/events, etc. I have no problem with Chester being frustrated with the fans. He can't be too mad, they are still playing arenas!

Raku likes this.
  19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Except Hayley Williams is still very talented, isn't rehashing very generic tunes, and has a beautiful singing voice. The new Paramore songs floor this garbage.

20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Not a bad start.

The first CDs I ever bought were Radio Disney Jams, Vol. 2 and that seminal classic, Aaron's Party (Come Get It) :teethsmile:

carrytheweight likes this.
  21. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Also agreed. I'd still say it's more 'pop' than 'rock,' but of all the early/mid-00's bands redefining their sound in the past few years, they're wiping the floor with everybody else.

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

23. idk telling someone to stab yourself seems pretty bad to me

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

lol. A weird comparison but as a singer, range and energy Chester is better. No shade to Hayley though.

Raku likes this.
  25. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

[​IMG]