Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Where are you from? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by joe727, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

WATER COUNTRY HAVE SOME FUUUUUN. Its sad that Water Country is my only experience with Portsmouth.

Laura likes this.
  2. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

That theme song never leaves my head all summer long, the ads are so constant! I worked there one summer when I was 14, I think everyone in town did.

3. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Man it was always that commercial in the summer and the Wa-wa-wa-Wachusett commercials in the winter. I used to go to WC every summer until it started grossing me out. Whe. I visit NH in June I want to finally check out Portsmouth for real.

Laura likes this.
  4. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I used to go every year as a kid, but haven't been back since I worked there. That tells you all you need to know. Definitely visit downtown, it's great!

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  5. muttley Apr 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Born in Redlands, CA. Lived in Inland Empire until I was 15, then I moved to Arizona.

I kind off write off living in California. I didn't start driving until I was 18-19 so I didn't see much of California aside from the towns I lived in and some of the adjacent cities. I consider AZ home for that reason.

6. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I grew up in San Diego, Mira Mesa to be exact, which is a suburb-type community on the outskirts of the city. I really loved growing up there and my fiancee and I will probably move back to San Diego when she's done with grad school, depending on what I choose to do in terms of PhD programs. It's an amazing city in a lot of ways, with a lot of access to a lot of different communities and activities and amenities. I was definitely spoiled by the weather and the beach though haha.

I also lived in Santa Cruz when I went to undergrad there and in San Francisco for my Master's program. I could see myself going back to live in Santa Cruz when I'm older, but San Francisco was way too much for me to handle, way too densely populated and always overrun with tourists.

muttley likes this.
  7. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

Heeeyyyy I grew up right down the 15 from you. I played soccer and took martial arts classes in Poway growing up.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  8. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I live in Indianapolis, have since I was 2 years old. You could do worse, but it's kind of boring for my tastes. I prefer huge cities.

Cost of living is cheap as anything, though, especially for a city of its size. So that's a perk.

9. Cool!

10. Lila

I'm from Qatar. It's a little tiny peninsula kind of between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  11. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

i know qatar, it's the team i always played against in FIFA '94

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I grew up in Kingman, AZ. Moved to California when I was 12. Not a good place at all. Thankfully I lived about 10 miles outside of town in the mountains which was a nicer area.

muttley likes this.
  13. AP's, and now Chorus' resident Venezuelan B-)

14. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Grew up in and have lived most of my life in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, which borders Akron to the north. Its an alright place to live but I wouldn't be too sad if I had to move elsewhere. We have Blossom Music Center here so concerts roll through here all the time (mainly just terrible country concerts now) and there's lots of great parks and hiking to be found.

Oh, and how can I forget that Travis Barker got injured in a fight at the C-Falls Taco Bell in 2000 while on tour with blink. Damon De La Paz had to fill in for the rest of that blink tour because of it.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i'm also from Rochester, NY. I love it, personally. The winters don't bother me (people get way too hyperbolic about them), and I think it's got way more going on than most residents seem to realize. We gave you Davey Havok and serve as the final resting place of both Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass.

16. Doctor Proper

My twin brother is a student at Auburn. He enjoys it, but he's a lifelong Auburn fan, so he stays occupied. We've both always lived in Alabama (I'm in Birmingham), so we're accustomed to "meh." What brought you to Auburn?

17. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Braised in NJ, currently living in Alexandria, VA. There is a lot of history here and plenty to do. Being close to DC is nice, as well. DC as a city is great!

18. loveisarisk

Regular

Southern California. Grew up in Orange County, living a little further from the coast now and I don't really like it but it's called the Inland Empire so that's cool I guess.

muttley likes this.
  19. Raku

Regular

I was born and raised in Bucks County, Pennsylvania (raised in Newtown township). Nothing much else to say other than we have a state park (Tyle (state Park), its a historical area, and the local community college (that I'm still attending) is pretty decent.

20. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I went to DelVal. Smelt like dung the entire time. But I ran into Anthony Green a bunch of times in Doylestown so that was nice.

21. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Born and raised in southeast Wisconsin, lived in the Twin Cities for a while, now living in Tacoma, WA.

22. Literal

#1 Dawg

Born and raised in a place called New Port Richey in Florida. About 45 to an hour from Tampa. It was okay, but there are some pretty sketchy places/people. Used to go to where OP lives a lot a few years back because that's where my gf at the time lived. It was pretty tight.

Currently live in Oregon right outside of southeast Portland. I've been here for nearly 8 months. I like it.

23. Kiana Apr 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My whole family is from Orange Country. Lived in Buena Park until I was like 7-8. Then my mom took me and my sis and decided to move us to the middle of nowhere in Oregon. I'm not resentful at all or anything. We're famous for our whiskey, our rodeo, and overpriced plaid shirts. We do have some boss pow wows tho

[​IMG]

24. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

My boyfriend is a student here. So when I finished college last year and was moving out, this seemed like a decent place to go. Which, to be fair, it has been. It's just a bit boring and if you're not involved with the university, there's not much to do.

I haven't gotten to spend much time in Birmingham, but it seems like an alright city.

25. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I was born in Santa Monica, California but I've lived in Las Vegas, Nevada for most of my life