Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When We Were Young Festival (Las Vegas) Tour • Page 62

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Definitely a roll of the dice because the later your flight the more likely it will get cancelled. I haven't been paying attention but you should look into cancellation rates and what the trends have been. Maybe they've gone down since earlier this year.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  2. heaththehorizon

Regular

I’m doing the same thing but with Philly and Spirit. Definitely a roll of the dice situation but you should be in a much better spot with Delta .

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I'd say if you really want to go to the fest then risk it. You can sell your ticket to the show if the flight gets cancelled and you'd probably just be out the hotel as you'd get reimbursed at the counter for the flight?

Airports are rough though, I haven't had a single flight lately that wasn't moved to a different time, and I spent ELEVEN hours at the airport trying to get Baltimore (my 7AM flight turned into a 430 flight into DC instead and I just took a train at the end). All I got out of it was a measly $200 voucher...

Having said that, you gotta get places so I'm just trying to roll with it. Luckily I have way more of a buffer built into my flight but if for whatever reason, I couldn't do that, I'd still roll the dice so that's my advice to you lol.

My advice is that if your flight gets pushed a huge amount of time like 2 hours or 3 hours or something, that's a bad sign that they don't have staff and not a mechanical issue or something and at that point you should take whatever alternates they have to offer. That's how I got screwed as I kept thinking it was going to still depart and I passed on going to DC much earlier in the day.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Has anyone sold their tickets for this yet? If so how’d you go about it with them not being in yet?

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Told them I’ll send them the ticket when I get it

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

The way so many people are talking about selling their tickets....sounds like I'll be lucky if I get back half of what I paid lol

7. Looks like you're allowed exit and reentry twice which is great news

DaydreamNation, Rmourz and kman22 like this.
  8. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

As long as you're screened back in, I've never understood the no re-entry especially with wrist bands as they're a physical item that you can't duplicate. I get they don't want 2 people splitting a ticket if someone is up for the morning and someone is up for the afternoon, but the event sold out anyway so I'm glad they're being reasonable.

Having said all that, an 11-12 hour festival with this many acts? Who's going to be leaving if not for an emergency? I'm certainly not.

9. If there's a big 2 hour block where I don't care for anyone I could see myself leaving. But I'm glad because my wife is coming along but it's not really her scene. She probably likes only a handful of the bands. So it gives her the opportunity to do something else if there's a huge gap between someone she likes and Paramore at the end of the night for example.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  10. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Flight/hotel/car booked through Costco and got a great deal. Going to see if I can get cheaper tickets as the date gets closer

alkalinexandy likes this.
  11. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Repost from the selling/buying tickets thread:

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Sold my tickets, even at a loss it’s a better financial decision than trying to make the trip out there rn

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I sold my ticket for $240 on Stubhub, just waiting for the wristband to show up.

artbynickferran likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Apparently Lineup for Strange 90's show is out. This is so dope.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

2nd weekend gets absolutely nothing lol

16. you snooze you lose :speakno:

17. Jackbo487

Regular

doesn't it get Mosh Eisley, the emo night/Star Wars hybrid from Adam (Story of the Year), Nick (Bayside) and Ryan Key and pals? I think that's the 28th.

18. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Finally getting hotel and flights reserved in the next couple of days. Now I'm getting really excited! For a bit I wasn't sure if I was going to swing it but looks like everything is good to go.

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Literally never heard of Girlfriends or Shiragirl

20. a lack of color

Regular

Just sold my tickets…lost about $200 but would’ve ended up spending at least a thousand if I went so I’m trying not to feel bad about it

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone selling for the 23rd?

22. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Just booked the flight and I had my hotel secured months ago. This is actually happening lol

DaydreamNation likes this.
  23. W/O a Parachute

We don't fight fair

yessir. have 2 vip tickets if you're interested - have a family wedding that weekend

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

After absolutely hating Riot Fest this year I'm honestly so happy I'm not going now tbh haha

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Hearing about the crowd issues at MCR at Riot Fest, definitely need to have Paramore and MCR play at the same time otherwise there will be a 90k-capacity crush.

Rmourz likes this.