Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When We Were Young Festival (Las Vegas) Tour • Page 61

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Eh, at Warped Tour we knew which bands were supposed to be on which stage beforehand, and the stage layout was generally the same from date to date. Set times weren't released until morning of because there was so much unpredictibility and spontanaity of a traveling fest.

Since this is more of a traditional fest I assume we'll get a general idea of the set-up over a month before the shows, and get the set-times a couple weeks beforehand.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I bet we don’t get any news until 2 weeks before, and set times probably a week before

Brent, bobby_runs and JaggySnake83 like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I agree they should be sharing the general layout (as in # of stages) and I'm sure they will, but only a small number of fests would release schedules and maps this far in advance. I'm not going so I have no real skin in this, but I wouldn't consider anything unusual atm

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  4. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Nah, I don't think anything is unusual. I'm just itching to plan my day as I know there will be tough choices, and I'd rather listen ahead and plan who to see over who than be spontaneous and regret the coin flip day of choices.

kman22 likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Does anyone know when they're actually supposed to send out the tickets? I would really love to be able to sell mine lol

6. What you can and can't bring is posted on the website.

I wouldn't expect set times until like a day or two before

kman22 likes this.
  7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Honestly if you're worried about conflicts I'd start ranking priorities right now.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. I hope there's no one I want to see for like the first two hours so I can go late lol. My old ass will have trouble being out all day and night

9. who's everyone's top 5 MUST SEE bands at WWWY?

10. My top 5 must sees:

All American Rejects
    The Starting Line
    Poppy
    Armor For Sleep
    Avril Lavigne

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

The Starting Line
    Jimmy Eat World
    Paramore
    Knocked Loose
    Armor for Sleep

I also don't currently have tix and will be seeing TSL/AFS after this happens. So that'd probably push Manchester Orchestra and Avril into the top 5

12. shawnesty23

Regular

this my feet kill me at things like this that are all day

spiffa0 likes this.
  13. chelsealouanne

Regular

I don't drink or gamble, and I had the best time in Vegas in 2019! I went twice that year. Both were planned around Gwen & Shania's Las Vegas residencies, but there was so much to do, and I still didn't get to do every single thing I planned both times. Have you been to The Grand Canyon? You can also make time for that, too.

mjy12892 and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  14. mjy12892

Top 5

Story of the Year
    Jimmy Eat World
    Knocked Loose
    The Used
    My Chem

Although we might see story at the pre show on Friday. So that would bump everyone up and then add in Silverstein since I haven’t caught their new shit live yet!

15. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, let's put people out of business and deprive party goers from having fun just because we ourselves don't like it!

16. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

correct

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Emo nights charging for someone to play songs from a playlist when you can go to literally any bar or club and get the same experience for free (yes I know, most bars/clubs don’t play emo/pop punk songs but I’m talking in terms of the general idea of DJs playing songs) is why I think emo night is stupid. Like you’re paying for someone to just play songs from a Spotify playlist. I wish I could get paid to do that.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

you should give it a shot! sounds like easy money.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. It's no different than going to a club with a cover. It's just themed. I went to one in Brooklyn precovid and I think it was only ten bucks at the time. Not sure what they charge now. But it was fun.

20. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like any other party at a club

21. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I love the idea of Emo nights.

I hate the way Emo Nite runs their version of it, but I've been to many other non-Emo Nite branded emo nights that simply post up in a bar and play 2000s emo/pop punk and it's way more fun.

Also, don't sleep on live emo karaoke. There's a band that does it monthly out here in Los Angeles, and it's always a ton of fun.

22. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i'm not paying to see a dj play mr brightside and i'm not okay

23. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

LOL @ this. I just saw The Killers last night in Portland and the finale was Mr Brightside. 100% worth it staying all the way till the end for it. They were amazing. But yeah I wouldn't pay to see a DJ do that it either.

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I didn’t know where to post this but I went to a vintage con/expo today and someone was selling an a day to remember shirt from 2012 for like $100 and it was wild to think that is considered vintage now.

it was a shirt I owned back in high school/college days also.

earthlight likes this.
  25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

So originally I was going to bite the bullet and sell my ticket, but a combination of Delta flights popped up for $470 (way less than the $800-1000 for all others) that's making me reconsider. The flight would leave from Detroit at 8:30 PM and get in 10:30 PM MST the day before the festival, and then I'd take a redeye back on Monday. Debating if it's worth it because if that flight there gets cancelled, I'm 100% missing the festival, and I've never flown a redeye before.