Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When We Were Young Festival, Featuring: Everyone • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2022.

1. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

Whomever is putting on this event is grossly overestimating the youthful exuberance that their target audience still has, lol. I would love to go to this, but I would never make it through 12hrs of music anymore, lol. Add in the fact that it's still roughly 80 degrees in Vegas in October, I'd be lucky to make it through half of the day, haha. If this were a 3 day event with designated nap times, I would consider it.

2. -deleted-

-

I meant TAI… with that last comment. Beckett stated every night on that reunion tour for Almost Here it would be the last time those songs would be played ever, and the lead guitarist didn’t come back for it either. They had one of the previous guitarists of P!ATD fill in.

3. theredline

Trusted Supporter

82351CD9-DF43-45DD-95C2-0DD224C7DBFC.jpeg

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Guys, a last-minute lineup change here:

[​IMG]

5. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

The logistics are a nightmare!!

6. Craig Manning

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I remember the sticker but don't recall what it said.

They did Astroworld too right? I'm very hesitant about it not turning into that again.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The fact they’d want to avoid another one of those makes me think it’s going to be far less likely to happen and much better planned for.

Also feel like it’s a lot less likely for the crowd activity to be encouraged by many of these lead singers as it was by Travis.

Analog Drummer and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Good point and likely a much older/respectful crowd haha

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Who is redacted? Lol

11. Mattyjnow05

Newbie Supporter

Brand New. But then we’d know this was a Fyre type hoax or disaster.

12. fbrrocks

Trusted

Analog Drummer and Craig Manning like this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I remember struggling to keep up in the warped tour days, tho it was much hotter in the summer here during warped then it will be in Vegas in October.

Adult diaper sales will skyrocket. Can't miss our faves!!

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

15. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

People are being fairly generous about how hot it can be here in October. We've had some summers that bled well into the week before Halloween, and it sucked.

I signed up for the presale list, and even though I'm 15 minutes away I'm debating whether it'll be worth it. The mockup I saw on Twitter of potential overlap was painful to look at.

16. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

"I can't wait for this bands full length to come out so it bombs." - Kamtin Mohager (Absolutepunk.net)

killahcam and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. Craig Manning

You underestimate the will and ability of Rob and Carlos to make anything a hot one.

18. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I could feel a hot one taking me down
    For a moment I could feel the force.

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Should be noted that they are now listing this as 11am-12am with “multiple stages of various sizes with several bands performing at the same time” and “opening acts will have shorter set lengths while headlining performances can range up to an hour or more”

earthlight likes this.
  20. transrebel59

Regular

I suck at math but I'll try.

This space can only hold three stages meaning there would be 2340 minutes of time for bands to be playing. I'll take out two hours of time in total for bands setting up across all three stages, which I think is fairly modest. We're at 35 minutes per band. Gonna guess that Paramore, MCR, ADTR, JEW, Bright Eyes will all be going for 45-1hr15 mins. Take that time from some of the smaller opening bands and keep those sets to around 20 minutes.

It's manageable but will be running extremely tight. I think LiveNation can pull this off but I still feel like some goofy shit will happen.

killahcam likes this.
  21. TDenverFan

Regular

Isn't the set up covered by the rotating stages? So there should be very little down time between sets.

22. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Whoa. Did I miss the rotating stages deal? That literally covers it in terms of a setup and tear down.

23. Craig Manning

24. Michael G

Regular

Does anyone remember It's Not Dead Fest a few years back that Kevin Lymon put on? It was basically like a 90s punk version of this one and also had only 3 stages in one day. It was less bands, but they started at 12 and ended at around 9:30-10ish I think? but the main stage was rotating so the next band would start immediately after and the side stage bands overlapped and had just 15 minute breaks in between sets to set up/tear down. If this has all three stages rotating and they throw a few of the bigger side bands on the main stage (3oh3, AFI, the used, etc), I can see it working.

Lets not forget that Warped Tour was a beyond logistical nightmare and they made that work for years

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Live Nation just announced another 1 day fest for April, Smokers Club Festival. The lineup is hip hop leaning, but just like this, is 60 acts in 1 day. Several of the artists are also listed as doing full album plays, so that should stop the hoopla that these sets are gonna be 20 minutes.

We'll see in 3 months how well this does. I hope that Smokers Club, Lovers & Friends and When We Were Young are all huge successes, because I love the idea of this 1 day jam packed format.