Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When We Were Young Festival, Featuring: Everyone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The When We Were Young festival, which is apparently specifically designed to make us all realize we are old now, has been announced. Basically every band I posted about on AbsolutePunk is on the bill. Seriously.

It’ll take place on October 22nd, 2022 and pre-sale begins this Friday.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Woohoo!

Regular

Wish this was more than one day. I'm sure I would miss more than half the bands I'd want to see.

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously how am I suppose to see all these bands in 1 day…

SuNDaYSTaR and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. The lineup almost doesn’t even seem real! Would love to go but but nervous about (1) large crowds at this point, (2) Vegas in general. Hope it’s live streamed somewhere and that anyone who goes has an incredible time!

5. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I want to go to there.

6. Spenny

Regular

Yeah, this deserves two or three days for sure. I am super tempted to go though, so many bands I would love to see live. Only thing is I know how much of a gong show the US is with COVID and this is probably gonna be a superspreader event lol.

Paul Gurski likes this.
  7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow amazing. My only question is how can this be one day? On warped maybe like 4-5 of these would be on one of the tours in a given year and even then would have to miss some i wanted to see. Would have to miss way too many here.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. soggytime

Trusted

How is this real

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  9. absolutely no way this can or should be one day

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely no way this is real, do not buy it.

11. Johnnie Martinez

Doing this on 1 day is ridiculous. But I get it. Vegas is really good at cramming people into a venue and multiple stages, too many good bands will overlap.

also, we are still in a pandemic, sounds shaky to me.

Best part about this being announced is all the warm up shows in and around LA before bands head to Vegas. That's what i will be looking out for.

12. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Will be going to this without a doubt, buying a ticket Friday. Like many said don't get how its just one day, definitely should be at least two days. Maybe I can knock out a lot of those artist prior. I'm already seeing The Used/Story of The Year/Less Than Jake in Orlando in about a month. Also that Triple Tour of Ice Nine, Black Veil Brides, Motionless In White in April.

13. satellitexyears Jan 18, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2022)
    satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

Soundtrack to... My late teens and most of My 20s right here here. (They basically shouldve called in Absolutepunk Fest haha)

Seriously though one day? I went to Warped Tour (2000 - 2015),Hellfest 2004, Bamboozle 2007,a bunch of Canadian festivals. Always found deciding who to see was a stressfest. I feel like I'd have a panic attack all day and not see anyone at the end of it all

Side note: Me and my wife got married outside of Vegas in the Valley of Fire state park. We wanted to go back for our ten year anniversary last year but Covid things. Showed my wife this line up and she seemed interested.

Wish things weren't so uncertain in the world or it'd be a family vacation with the wife and the 3 boys!

14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

What a great opportunity for everyone to run into all their myspace exes.

zachmacD, Zilla, Crisp X and 12 others like this.
  15. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

wHaT aBoUt mAcHiNe GuN KeLly???

16. brothemighty

Trusted

yup, that's everyone

17. satellitexyears

This. I'm gonna try and cram my dad bod into some girls jeans, dig out some super tight band shirts and repierce my nose/lip. I guess I can restretch my ears for one day as well... Maybe straighten my thinning hair. The possibilities are endless

zachmacD, Zilla, Paul Gurski and 6 others like this.
  18. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

rawr :]]]]]

19. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I cannot wrap my mind around this being one day.

Also, The Wonder Years being so low / small on the poster is super depressing.

Bartek T. likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

As others said, have no idea how this would all fit on one day.

atticusfinch and falafelmywaffle like this.
  21. satellitexyears

My Myspace name was "OMGZZZZ!! It's R.J. FROM Myspace" the notoriety when I'd go to concerts was ridiculous looking back at it.

My LiveJournal still exists... I refuse to show my wife it's contents

22. brothemighty

Trusted

Is this what our parents felt like going to stones concerts

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It’s things like that that make me think this isn’t real.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So who are the notable names missing here? Biggest names I can think of that isn't on here but probably belong on here are Blink182 and Death Cab, right? Not sure if Weezer/Green Day count because of age/when they broke out? *redacted* not an active band anymore but would probably be left off for obvious reasons.

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I just saw Jim Adkins post this on insta and just about died. Even if I just saw mcr and Paramore it would be worth it to me let alone everyone else on the bill this is wild

Analog Drummer likes this.