Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When the Children Crashed Dad’s BBC Interview: The Family Speaks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Wall Street Journal sat down to interview the family that became internet famous after the children crashed their father’s live BBC interview:

As the interview began, the couple’s 4-year-old daughter Marion jumped up and down at the sight of her father on the screen. Perhaps recognizing his location, a room at the end of the hallway, she wandered off to find him. She was in high spirits after enjoying her birthday party earlier that day at kindergarten, her father says.

The couple’s 8-month-old son, James, followed behind his sister in his baby-walker, as he often does. Ms. Kim continued to concentrate on the screen, filming her husband.

Then, there she was: Marion was in the same room as her father in a bright yellow sweater.

I also loved Ben Thompson’s breakdown of the video on Medium.

Spencer Rhoton and FrankieThe4th like this.
  2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

You really weren't kidding with that Medium breakdown. Straight gold.

3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

And all-time internet classic. So funny but so cute too!

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Imgur Image

No matter your political affiliation, this is hysterical

5. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Normally videos that go "viral" aren't really that funny to me, but I was in tears after watching this video - brilliant.

6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i'm glad the response to this has been largely positive, in my head i was seeing all this internet negativity ranging from "they abuse their kids!" to "he's an emotionally negligent father!" to "what an unprofessional way to handle this!" which, there is still some of that, but mostly people are seeing the charm of it.

coleslawed and devenstonow like this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

yeah, that was actually my first thought when seeing this video, that there'd be outrage over him pushing the daughter away.

but it's just too goddamn adorable of a video to be mad

polyfilla likes this.