Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When a Once Great Band Gets a Forever Pass • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Undersrand the phenomenon, and how it can apply to AF and other bands, but their music is still fantastic in my mind. I'm a big fan of Reflektor over Suburbs though.

2. Serenity Now

Booooooo.

This is the most educated response that i could muster at this hour.

3. Serenity Now

Hilarious.

I too am a mega-fan of Reflektor. Much more interesting than Suburbs.

Chloe likes this.
  4. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Can't really say I'm a huge Arcade Fire fan, but Reflektor is the only one of their albums I've really connected with. Funeral has its moments but most of their albums drag for me, a lot.

Regardless, I think the 'too big to fail' argument really depends if you're looking at things critically or commercially. Bands like Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Muse can release a steaming turd of an album that will still sell well and they'll still be headlining festivals, purely because we know they CAN release good music and that'll get people listening even if some albums are duds. See: Wasting Light after overly long In Your Honour and the slightly uneven Echoes Silence Patience & Grace.

Serenity Now likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Hahahaha

He used the phrase moreso for his cast and crew that turned into late night hosts (Fallon, Meyers, etc) but that does make sense too! And Sandler

Serenity Now likes this.
  6. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Who thinks SA is good anymore?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. I do (and am well aware I am somewhat of a pariah for it). Both Hebrews and I Don't Think it is made my top albums of the year.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Who is Arcade Fire

Serenity Now likes this.
  9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I only really enjoy The Funeral & The Suburbs, so I should be on track to enjoy this new one.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Isn't that 75% of the internet in general?

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Linkin Park are undoubtedly the best example of this, although it feels like they have passed this point now and are simply seen for the joke they are.

js977 likes this.
  13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think Oasis is a prime example of this.

14. Tim Fitzpatrick

Not to say I don't enjoy new Radiohead or that it's bad by any means. Just that their fan base in my experience will cry album of the year before even hearing it. They've reached an infallible state.

15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Considering that these extra two minutes show absolutely no progression, yes.

16. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Threw on Hebrews again just to make sure this statement still stood: Hebrews is so awful it actually makes me feel uncomfortable

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

*raises hand*

GEM37 and BigMouth like this.
  18. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

BigMouth and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Hahaha perfectly put

FTank likes this.
  20. Serenity Now

Dude. Ya just gotta chill & dance around.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. Serenity Now

What about Dave Matthews Band?

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Say Anything has pretty much always been awful, the last two albums just more obviously so

23. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Uhhh, they totally ripped off the 1975's concept art on this one..[​IMG] [​IMG]