Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What would your music website look like?

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DJ Duncan Donuts, May 18, 2021.

1. DJ Duncan Donuts

Just a question I want to ask everyone. I've been to a few music forums and they all have their problems. Besteveralbums has been in a dormant state for years and has album data but NO GENRES. Dumb as shit. The moderation staff of RYM thinks their system is perfect and mislabels a moral discussion and contradiction of their misguided rules as abuse because they can. Sputnikmusic didn't even send an account activation email.

What would you add to a music database, one like Imdb or such?

Me, I'd find a way to promote listening to new albums. I'd probably have a badge system or something for listening, reviewing and rating albums. Of course, spamming would be easy to catch. I'd settle it like this: spamming ratings will result in blocking of rating privileges for some time and many of the ratings will be deleted.

Badges could be awarded based on different tags, genres, years, etc. Either way, I'd like to add a badge system to one I was in charge of.

That's how I'd do it at least. It's not the best idea but there have been worse ones. But what I really want is to see what YOUR ideas would be, since I want to know the community more.

NOTE: I do not know how to program a website and since I want to be a novelist I have no intention of starting a website. So no, this is not a suggestion box for a rival website and I'll thump anyone who accuses me of that.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

B9 boards >

3. Thothelesl

Thanks!

4. vidiviciveni

Trusted

absolutepunk.net

5. Thothelesl Aug 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2021)
    Thothelesl

Nowadays, the design of the site is very important. This is why I wanted my site to be easy to access, but with a special design that will catch everybody's eye. I got my inspiration from here The Most Remarkable Web Design Trends of 2020. It describes every web design which was in trend last year, plus it gives also some examples which helped me to decide quickly what design I want. First, I wanted something minimalist, but when I saw the fullscreen video design, I made my choice instantly.

6. Abrahamus Oct 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2021)
    Abrahamus

I agree that the design of the site is very important and also the way you promote it. I like to analyze what marketing tools people use in order to promote their sites. I have noticed that more and more companies use Google my business as a marketing tool because it helps improve the general and local SEO and showcase your USPs. You can read more about it here What Are the Benefits of Using Google My Business for a Small Business? | Boxmode