Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What We Do in the Shadows (FX) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I have so many friends in my life who love the movie and haven't even started this yet. Two weeks ago I sat some of them down and made them watch the pilot, they loved it, and I don't think any of them have watched any episodes since. Madness.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Matt May 8, 2019
    (Last edited: May 8, 2019)
    Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Holy shit everyone is in this episode

3. Matt

I can’t fucking believe this

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this was crazy, I can't believe they got Tilda Swinton

5. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Fuck when they were dancing around and I saw a hint of Jemaine and Taika’s faces, I started freaking out haha

6. Matt

In my mind I thought that was a finale and now I see that there's three more episodes left of the season :)

alina likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i loved the movie but haven't checked this out yet, its gonna be my next gym watching binge after i finish Umbrella Academy

8. Matt

It captures the tone of the film perfectly and the cast is lovable. I'm excited to see what they can do with a second season and this one isn't even over yet!

Shrek likes this.
  9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

My favorite part of last night's episode was definitely Deacon dancing. Also, I can't believe they got all of those people to show up! I had read there would be celebrity vampires, but I didn't expect that many of them. Or the very literal interpretation of "celebrity vampire."

alina likes this.
  10. Anthony_

That episode was unbelievable. I'm literally in awe of them being able to pull this off. Like, just reuniting the cast of the movie would've been amazing enough on its own, and then they go and do what they did. I love this damn show.

Bad Bikes, Argus and Matt like this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Great episode. Love that this officially takes place in the same world as the movie, all the cameos were great.

I can’t get enough of Nadja’s takes to the camera. I could watch an entire series of just her looking confused/disgusted.

Matt likes this.
  12. Anthony_

The two shots of her asking how Kristen Schaal was teleporting were so funny

Dirty Sanchez and I Am Mick like this.
  13. Argus

Nandor's obsession with the 1992 US Olympic team is one of my favorite things on this show, and definitely the most-unexpected. It was also nice to see Guillermo get a little more screen time. Honestly, this show is just delightful, and I'm sad we only have two episodes left this season.

GrantCloud, Bad Bikes and I Am Mick like this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally started this yesterday and I love it so much. I’ll be caught up this afternoon. Really glad it’s already renewed.

Cameron and Argus like this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Baron vibing out with glow sticks is one of the best things I’ve ever seen.

Cameron likes this.
  16. Anthony_

Ok, so, Nadja is one of my favorite characters on tv right now easily

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing the council was absolutely hilarious, but it also helped me realize how much I’ve become immediately attached to the show cast. I never felt like I’d rather be focusing on the film characters, I was just happy that they dropped in.

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Anthony_

While Nandor has a lot in common with Viago, and Lazlo is sort of a mash-up of Vladislav and Deacon, they still feel like their own separate characters. Plus you throw in Nadja and Colin and the cast really does set itself apart right from the first episode. They're all just so perfect.

JRGComedy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The fact that they got Beanie is perfect too. I would love for Doug Jones to get to return in a different capacity next season.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe I’ve binged too much too fast, but Nandor asking Guillermo if that terrifying duck mask would be good for the orgy has me in tears.

Bad Bikes and Anthony_ like this.
  21. Anthony_

The season needed Everything needs more Beanie

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. Argus

I was a little skeptical when the idea of making a TV show was announced, and I don't think I've ever been happier to have been wrong about something. This show is magical, and I'm so grateful it exists.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can see myself rewatching this a million times when I just want something fun and comforting, and I hope we get a million seasons.

Argus likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just caught up on the past couple episodes, this show is too good. The ska band doing the stereotypical “pick it up, pick it up” before the singer gets dragged away and then his bandmate yelling “pick him up!” is such a stupid throw away joke that destroyed me.

Also Nadja is the best. Would eat bricks for her. When Nandor said the name of his old country, she says "bless you" and gives such a smug, satisfied grin to the camera.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I turned my mother onto this and I think I’ve created a monster. Also I’m definitely going to make my way through it all twice in a week because of that so I definitely have a problem.