Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What was the first concert/show you attended? Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 13, 2019.

1. atlas

Trusted

2009ish. Skillet with Disciple and Decyfer Down. I was big into Christian rock at the time, obviously. I remember the guitarist for Disciple did a backflip off the drumkit. Me and my dad left midway through Skillet because I was falling asleep, I think he was kinda bummed because he was enjoying himself lol

2. Little Richard

3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The Smashing Pumpkins @ Madison Square Garden in 1996. Garbage was supposed to open but show was postponed due to the death of SP's keyboardist at the time so Grant Lee Buffalo opened instead.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

technically my first was a small local show. first "real" show was red jumpsuit apparatus and 18 visions right as face down was getting big. tickets were only $.94 thanks to a radio station's periodic "low dough show."

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lmao A*teens and Aaron Carter at Jones Beach, August 17, 2001
    First concert I was excited to go to on my own accord

zachmacD likes this.
  6. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

First concert was the local rock radio station's (103.3 The Edge) yearly event. Went with my friend and his dad, I believe it was in 2000 so we would have been 12.

Edgefest 7 lineup:
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Eve 6
    Fenix TX
    Goldfinger
    Nickelback (this was like right before they broke it big, they played really early on the bill and Chad Kroeger was very clearly enjoying a few beverages)
    Papa Roach
    Harvey Danger
    Mest
    Sum 41
    The Sheila Divine

First one alone was probably Warped 2003. Technically I went with a small group of friends and the one girl's mom but it was definitely one of those "I'll be right here just check in with me every few hours" type of deals.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

My REAL first show was Crue Fest in 2008 with my dad when I was in 7th grade ft. Motley Crue, Sixx:AM, Buckcherry, Trapt, and Papa Roach.... But usually I just tell people my first show was the blink reunion tour with FOB and PATD opening

8. paulmanley

i didn't start going to shows until high school and I think my first club show was punchline, fall out boy, big wig, and catch 22. 2003 maybe at axis in boston.

kman22 likes this.
  9. mclinny

Chumbawamba and Sister Hazel - Atlanta, GA (1997??)

GEM37 likes this.
  10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Reel Big Fish at Roseland Ballroom in 2007. Less Than Jake was the headliner, but neither my brother or I cared to see them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My first show was Fall Out Boy, Silverstein, The Academy Is, and Gym Class Heroes in April 2005

Brent and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Good Charlotte in March 2005. I was the coolest 11 year old

13. monrovian

Yellowcard at the Electric Factory in 2012. Really wish I kept up with their newer music at the time and had no clue who the band opening for them was (The Wonder Years) :embarrassed: TWY quickly became one of my favs from then on

kkhawk24 likes this.
  14. christopherwatkins May 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 31, 2020)
    christopherwatkins

Since childhood, I’ve been a big Eminem’s fan. I grew up on “My Name Is”, “Lose Yourself”, “8 Mile” and many other songs that catalyzed the development of RAP music all over the world. When I was smaller I dreamt to see him performing life, and in 2017, he made a huge concert in United Kingdom. Finally, he decided to give concerts outside USA. I can’t put into words what feelings I felt when I was looking at Eminem on the stage repeating his famous songs after him. In such moments, you understand that the life worths to be lived. A big thank to technical event production services who dealt with sound and light. The words pronounced by him were heard explicitly and without sound interruptions. Probably, it was one of the most memorable and emotional event in my life.

Cgarnsay, Brent and Daniel182 like this.
  15. andysoto523

Regular

Technically my first concert was Warped Tour in 2004 when I was 12 but I mostly just tagged along with friends although i wasn't a big fan of anyone on the lineup at the time.

My third concert was seeing Taproot direct support for Chevelle and that was the show that got me hooked. I went just for Taproot and was blown away by their performance. I met the band after the show too. I was 14 at the time in my first month of high school and I started going to concerts pretty frequently after that. 15 years later and I still love going to shows (well not right now because of the pandemic but yeah lol).

dilleo likes this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

i already posted my first concert but my 2nd was was just as good.

linkin park, korn, snoop dogg, less then jake, no warning and funeral for a friend

17. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Projekt Revolution was great that year , The Used , Ghostface Killah, and Autopilot Off were also on my date.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. Cmoney86

Trusted

They where all also on my date. I forgot about the used and autopilot off

CstSnow likes this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Finch at my church... followed by Finch at some local VFW I think. First actual concert venue show was probably Finch WIITB cd release show at HOB Anaheim with Allister, Moth, and Mind Driver.

20. kkhawk24

Foo Fighters with the Transplants opening in 2002 at what was the Tweeter (no idea what name it has now) Center in Camden, NJ

zachmacD likes this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

First show EVER was the Nickelodeon All That Music & More Festival in 2000 in Ionia, MI. It was at shitty county fair and LFO, B*Witched, TLC, and No Authority. I was 7 years old and had an amazing time haha.

First show in this scene was Warped Tour 2009 at Comerica Park in Detroit and had an awesome time, though it would pale in comparison to some other years I went to. Off the top of my head I watched All Time Low, 3OH!3, Bayside, The Maine, Less Than Jake, Bad Religion, P.O.S., Big D & the Kids Table, Hit the Lights, TAT, You Me & Everyone We Know, and Inward Eye.

In retrospect I wish I would've watched A Day to Remember, but I've ended up seeing them plenty over the last 10 years so it's all good.

dorfmac and alkalinexandy like this.
  22. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Holy shit that’s dope

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  23. dilleo

Regular

Jealous that you have seen Taproot, and I really like Chevelle as well. Ended up seeing Chevelle about 7 years ago, or so. Taproot would be a good one, I'm friends with the drummer on FB, nice guy.

andysoto523 likes this.
  24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

It was so sick. I'd love to go back to the park where it was held and sit where we sat for the show sometime this summer if that's possible.

EDIT: I just realized this summer is the 20th anniversary of that show! Maybe I'll see if I can arrange that, haha.

25. andysoto523

Regular

I've seen them 3x and they were always a blast live. 30 Seconds to Mars was actually the opener on the first half of the tour but they got off a week or so before my date. Would have been cool to see them before they blew up months later.

The drummer added me on Facebook some time ago and even wished me a Happy Birthday haha.

dilleo likes this.