Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What was the first concert/show you attended? Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 13, 2019.

1. himynameisdakota

Regular

First show I went to with friends was Yellowcard in the summer of 2006 and then a few months later I convinced my parents to take me to see +44 a few days before they released ‘When Your Heart Stops Beating’. Both were amazing shows.

2. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

First with my Dad
    Headliner: MC Hammer
    Act 2: Boyz II Men
    Opener: Unknown group at the time.... TLC

First of my choosing with a friend: Rage Against the Machine/Wu-Tang Clan/Atari Teenage Riot

3. ABRfan3295

Regular

U2 on the 360 tour with Muse opening up

4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

First show I ever went to was the 2011 Take Action tour with Silverstein and Bayside... but me and my buddy only went for Polar Bear Club! The venue in Seattle it was at, El Corazon, is now in a weird limbo state, have heard a lot of conflicting reports about whether it's being torn down or moved.

Second show I ever went to was The Chariot on their farewell tour. I couldn't work up the nerve to get in the pit until the final song. Still one of my favorite shows ever.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

DC Talk

First show I went to by choice was Dashboard Confessional/MxPx/Brand New/Vendetta Red

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  6. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

My parents took me to local shows from the time I was born but I consider my first real show to be a a radio fest with Papa Roach/3 Doors Down/MxPx/Stroke 9 etc. when I was 6

7. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

First show: Eiffel 65/Run DMC in 2000
    First rock show: Blink 182/New Found Glory/Bodyjar in 2001
    First metal show: Ozzfest 2002

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Folly, NORA, Glasseater, From Autumn to Ashes

Probably 2002?

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Metallica and Godsmack in 2003. My mom won pit tickets on KROQ.

10. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Bloc Party at the Kool Haus in 2009. Passed out just before the initial set finished cause of overheating. Learned a lot since then.

First show I hit up solo was The Wonder Years in 2014.

11. dubey

Regular

rip kool haus

dilleo and estacey99 like this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ben Folds in 2005.

13. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

My parents aren't big concert-goers so the first concert I went to was the 2011 Motel 6 Rock Yourself to Sleep Tour. Acts: We Came As Romans, For Today, The Word Alive, Woe Is Me, Texas in July, and Like Moths to Flames. I was really into WCAR, TWA, and WIM at the time so it was like a dream tour for me.

14. First concert was Backstreet Boys in 2001 for my 10th birthday - parents made my 13 year old brother take me.

First rock concert was Green Day in 2005. It unleashed a can of worms and marked the beginning of my descent into scene kid-ness: from 2006-2009 my entire life revolved around not being at high school and going to as many shows as was humanly possible.

zachmacD likes this.
  15. zachmacD May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

16. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here as far as the scene kid stage. In 2006 I went to roughly 20 shows without having a job. No idea how that was possible

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Nickelback/Hinder/Papa Roach/Saving Abel - 2009

The most shit tier lineup the world could ever offer.

18. Joshua

Regular

The killers in 2013 supporting battle born was my first show with my parents, and the first show I went to without my parents was the monumentour with fall out boy, paramore, and new politics

19. chelsealouanne

Regular

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My first show was Backstreet Boys in 1999. I went along for my sister’s birthday and I fell asleep during my favorite song :/

First show of my choosing was Hawthorne Heights in 2007 with FFTL, Secondhand Serenade, Powerspace, and Brighten. I met the whole band after including Casey.

21. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Summer Sanitarium 1999 with Metallica, and Korn. I'm pretty sure it was the summer before 8th grade.

22. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

That tour was in 2000!!
    I know this because I attended the Baltimore show on the Fourth of July that year. Got to meet Kid Rock & Joey lol

23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

First concert with a parent:
    Metallica w/Corrosion of Conformity @ USAir Arena on April 8, 1997

First concert by myself:
    HFStival 2000 @ RFK Stadium w/ RATM, STP, 3EB, & Deftones (just to name a few bands)

24. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Garth Brooks in Birmingham, AL at the BJCC Arena. Probably 1995. 4th grade or so with my brother and someone else I cant remember.

Then it was Evanescence in 2003 in Bham. I was such a mega fan of Evanescence holy shit. I had my parents take me.

First show as a kid with a car that could go to shows or otherwise was Motion City Soundtrack in Atlanta at the Masquerade in Heaven(RIP). The Format, The Matches, Men Women& Children opened. 2006. Got the meet and greet tickets. CTTM and I am the Movie were so huge for me I was floored meeting them. Me and my buds walked around the city before the show. It was my first time being in a general admission floor type setting and I remember the flood/wave of bodies being so overwhelming.

25. First with a parent: Springsteen with my dad when I was 8

First on my own was Taking Back Sunday and Envy on the Coast in 2008. Not a lot of hot-ticket "scene" bands chose to tour through Kentucky when I was in middle and high school, which is shocking I know.