Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What to Expect at Tomorrow’s Apple Event • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2016.

1. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I'm not on board with the iPhone sans headphone jack just yet. I'm honestly more excited to see the price of a 6S drop, or this years iPhone SE equivalent. The antenna on my 6 conveniently decided to crap out this past week so I'm looking forward to upgrade regardless;-p

2. Wifi isn't faster than wired either. But we love it.

3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Right there with you, brother. I clutch mine close to my chest.

milogoestoprison likes this.
  4. transrebel59

Regular

That is an absolutely terrible argument to make for having no headphone jack.

5. I didn't make an argument. I made a statement of fact.

shouts23 likes this.
  6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Bring back the iPod classic

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

can't wait to get my iphone 6 on the new os. gonna have to blow me away to get me to upgrade lol

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I'm almost certain you're thinking of Get KANOA Earphones

I want them real bad.

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not much longer!

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

So just lurking on the Apple site right now. When you go to iPhone at the top and click on the iPhone 6, it says "we've got something special in store for you" which makes sense because they'd dump the iPhone 6. If you click the 6S, that page with all the pictures and information shows up as it normally would which also makes sense because they'd keep the 6S in the line of phones.
    But what I noticed is that the "we have something special in store for you" page shows up for the iPad Mini 2, as well. Now I assumed we wouldn't get any iPad news at this event, but maybe that means we'll see a new iPad Mini?

11. Daniel182

Good catch! It's possible. Or maybe they are just discontinuing the iPad mini 2.

12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

electro haikus likes this.
  13. AMC

Regular

AYL brand off amazon $30. Work great

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

that would be crazy to discontinue the iphone 6. it could be the perfect budget phone for someone. it still performs unreal for me.

15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Think they're going to keep the 6S/6S Plus and the SE, or maybe make the 6 the SE? Who knows at this point. Can't wait for this to start!

Sure hope so. That thing has been around for what, three years now?

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

17. Daniel182

18. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

That's true, but WiFi is paramount for the sake of convenience. Making me shove some ugly adapter into my phone or purchase expensive lightning headphones just to listen to music is hardly convenient. I also doubt that stereos, receivers, radios, computer monitors, etc. are going to jump on board right away and start including lightning ports to listen to music. So basically your expensive lightning headphones will only hold value if you have the new iPhone. I don't see enough advantages to warrant dropping the headphone jack. Just my take on it.

19. And that was all true when wi-fi was first introduced as well. It sucked. It wasn't everywhere. But the convenience was awesome.

Wireless is the future.

20. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

I think it's a little different when you're talking about the listening experience. You're much more apt to notice the difference in wired vs. wireless quality when you're sitting down with a new record/hearing a great podcast/etc. Most people aren't likely going to be able to tell you how much faster their Internet was when they were plugged into a modem vs. sitting in their bedroom. Also I feel like most people listening to music are either exercising, relaxing or working—all things that don't necessitate having wireless ear buds.

Apple could have easily weened people off of the headphone jack. Why not include a subtle headphone jack on the top of the phone and exclusive offer consumers their lightning headphones in box? That way they aren't alienating people, and people can try the new audio port for themselves. I just feel like Apple is telling me I want this when I absolutely don't.

21. Jason Tate Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    I grew up with dial-up dude. Sorry, but nope. Wifi was horrendous for quite a while. And totally awesome.

Stage Banter likes this.
  22. An adapter is included in the box.

23. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I'd totally lose those AirPods. Or atleast one of them.

24. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Yeah, but that means I have to bring this long stringy adapter with me to work, in my car, when I go for runs, basically everywhere my phone goes just to use my nice headphones I paid good money for.

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

You'll all learn to deal with it. Or you won't buy it. Either one works.

Jason Tate and Stage Banter like this.