Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What to Do With Brand New on End of the Year Lists • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I get where you're coming from. From what I've read, the allegations were actually made by a friend of the victim. She (the friend) was arrested for DUI. Only after her phone call (to the victim) she then claimed there was a rape. That doesn't mean that it didn't happen but it is suspicious.

While these cases apples and oranges, Jesse has admitted to enough to give legitimacy to the multiple claims against him. Decapitated have maintained their innocence and since they will actually have this tried in court, I feel like I can include them on my list.

I truly don't know. The trial is set for this month and I just hope the truth prevails. I want to form a fair opinion. If they seem guilty and are acquitted, I'll still be blacklisting them (like OJ, not that I ever "supported" him).

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

How in God's name did you interpret that as me dictating when and why someone should forgive the band, or anyone else? That was literally the antithesis of that post.

3. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

[​IMG]

bd007h, Mary V, CoffeeEyes17 and 5 others like this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i can't get over how incredibly fucking dumb this is

5. Shrek

if you have to compare something to murder to wrap up your point, your point is a mountain of dog shit

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

chorus is way better for creating relationships and discussing social issues. People are way nicer here, for the most part, and I’ve made a lot of very nice friends. Oh and choruses premiered my bands ep so its automatically better

Mary V, DarkHotline, fenway89 and 9 others like this.
  7. Shrek

idk man i really miss Forever the Sickest Kids song premieres this place is fucking trash

8. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I was countering "You cannot forgive someone who mistreats others." I'm gonna go ahead and say my dog shit was the smaller mountain

9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

plus everyone looks a good chorus! haha got you good! *slaps knee*

electro haikus likes this.
  10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

shut up

Serenity Now, bd007h, Mary V and 11 others like this.
  11. Shrek

your counter was categorically idiotic and in poor taste

dylan, Justice Beaver and Anthony_ like this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hey, shut up and get off the site if that’s how you feel. Or, actually, stay and keep giving Jason traffic. But still shut up.

bd007h, Mary V, dylan and 3 others like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm just baffled at why you think that the "forgiveness" of a person who isn't the victim is meaningful at all? I just see a way for people to sweep bad shit under the rug.

Mary V, CoffeeEyes17, dylan and 4 others like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

If you are going to continue listening to brand new and put them on lists, I suggest doing it in private out of respect to victims and other people who have been mistreated or may see their music as a trigger.

Mary V, Jacob Davidson, dylan and 2 others like this.
  15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

can't wait for someone to call you oppressive or something

dylan and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

But again, the burden of proof in a criminal case has a high threshold on proof that needs to be achieved before charges can even be filed. I'll reiterate: the fact that charges have been filed by the district attorney there means that he or she believes there is enough evidence to convict Decapitated of rape and kidnapping. That leads me to believe that some type of sexual misconduct happened on the bus.

The DUI and her friend's method of outcry are irrelevant in my eyes. Based on what I've seen in the comments section from some of the shittiest metalheads online, those are continual talking points that are used to discredit the victim's story in this case. Their denials are expected, but it's the same thing you're getting from Donald Trump and Roy Moore who have enough accusers now to establish a pattern.

17. Shrek

in any other thread this would be the most offensive post

dylan, SlappinCups and Rob Hughes like this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just feel that vinegar boiling up inside me right now now, Hughes.

19. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

why can't you be happy with my posts

20. Shrek

because they're bad posts rob :heart:

dylan and Rob Hughes like this.
  21. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking in terms of something happening to a loved one of mine. I would be furious at the abuser. I would eventually need to forgive that person because i can't live with that hate, and i believe everyone deserving of forgiveness, deserves it. And I'd be entitled to do that, regardless of whether or not the victim (friend/family member) could at that point and time.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Get that Catholic ass 70 x 7 bullshit out of here. Why is Jesse deserving of forgiveness? What is you coming out to speak about forgiving him going to change for the victim? That's idiotic. You're building a hypothetical situation completely removed from what everyone else is talking about.

23. Shrek

you know Jesse is not your friend or family member right

Mary V, CoffeeEyes17, dylan and 7 others like this.
  24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

spo call someone a dork do it

dylan, BirdPerson, dadbolt and 6 others like this.
  25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

*forgivnessss is not forgettin~*