Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What to Do With Brand New on End of the Year Lists • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

"this site fucking sucks, bye everyone"

*adds avatar after posting*

ah, the character of assault apologists is rich.

Mary V, dylan, Dirty Sanchez and 6 others like this.
  2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

"jason ur arrogant (ur writing also sucks!!) and this site sucks because it's not full of close minded ppl like me!!!"

nice argument

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

uhhh not that someone disliking Jason has anything to do with anything but Jason is literally just a better person now lmao. How anyone continues to say that becoming a better person and not dealing with this scene's bullshit is a bad thing is beyond me.

4. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Although I'm sincerely sorry for what you've been through, "not allowing" the fact that he's a sexual predator "hinder" your personal affection for him isn't exactly how you should approach the entire situation.

I don't mind if you don't respond; it's probably best if you refrain from making comments like these.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Could you imagine going to a website, spending the time to create an account, only to complain about the website?

If it bothers you that much, stay away?

6. Shrek

but liek that'd be so NoT pUnK

7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

He obviously lurks more than he'd like to admit

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there are plenty of new bands on esteemed website chorus.fm you just need to read my threads

Mary V, BirdPerson and electro haikus like this.
  9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Exactly, just look at the music forum and you'll find plenty of bands/artists that are there to be listened to. I must have listened to about 10-15 new artists I wouldn't normally listen to because of this site.

bd007h, skogsraet and electro haikus like this.
  10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

For some reason they always make it about freedom of speech and censorship.

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Lmao. Love too make stupider then dogshit claims about a web site that has not only retained all the elements you noted that made AbsolutePunk and it's community so unique, but notably improved on them, making it a far more open, accepting and inspiring (your word) community than ever before.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

AP was toxic and that made me really not post nearly at all on there.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was meaner on AP. I should be mean again

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i haven't been banned here yet and i was banned a lot on AP so therefore this is better

bd007h, Mary V, DarkHotline and 5 others like this.
  15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

It will be on my end of the year list. Still a great album and thats what my list is about. Tbh i think vinny and sapone really were the ones to make this album so special to me. With that being said im morally disgusted with everything that happened and agree their legacy will forever carry that asterisk. Also i lost jesse as a hero and am having a very hard time listening to their music in general (probably listened to 5 songs since the news broke on random playlists).

This is an interesting question though of whether to include it...

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just gonna stay out of any BN thread that isn't now a papa roach thread from now on

18. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

you should stay out of these threads until it becomes your

last resort

bd007h, dylan, AshlandATeam and 7 others like this.
  19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

This is an aside to this thread, but I don't necessarily understand the logic behind this. While Jesse's actions are clearly abhorrent and he's admitted that they took place, they haven't been put under legal scrutiny. Decapitated has actually been charged in a state criminal court with rape and kidnapping where there is an entirely different burden of proof. The district attorney in that county feels that he has enough evidence to potentially convict them of their crimes. While it's true that they haven't been found guilty yet, the fact that it's proceeded this far is telling enough in my eyes and should preclude them from being included in any list inclusion even more so than Brand New. Just my 2 cents.

DarkHotline and cwhit like this.
  20. dotKev

@dotkevin

This is now an AP shit-post thread.

I have nothing further to contribute other than saying I like Chorus better.

dylan, Anthony_ and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I'm just going to highlight a few idiotic sentences of yours in the above:

"You cannot forgive someone for mistreating someone else"

"If they don't want to forgive, then we cannot"

You're confusing personal forgiveness with pressuring others to forgive.

Listen, no one is impacted more than those who are abused. No one has more of a right to withhold forgiveness than those who are abused. But when something like this happens to a friend or relative, it impacts their loved ones. Their loved ones are angry, emotional, and hurt. They can still forgive someone. This is larger than being fans of band... You're making some really generalized statements.

Oh and what happens if someone gets murdered? Since technically someone else was mistreated, do their family members need to wait to consult with the victim in the afterlife until they can forgive the killer?

youwontknow likes this.
  22. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I couldn't care less, but I do care enough to create an account and write this paragraph.

c'mon.

bd007h and Aregala like this.
  23. Shrek

you deserve all of the quotes you're about to get all day from the opening sentence alone.

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Let me highlight some idiotic sentences of yours

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You're a fucking idiot and this post makes no sense. Your "personal forgiveness" does not matter. No one gives a shit who you are, your fandom to the band or how you feel about them. Your feelings are moot. You have no right whatsoever to dictate when and why someone should "forgive" the band, because the only forgiveness that should matter is that of the victim/people affected.

Starting off your post by quoting "idiotic" sentences that make sense is a rough way to attempt to sway people.

Is this better, guys? Should I change my name back to StarSlight?