Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What My Students Like! (High School Album Review Thread) • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 26, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

As cliche and overplayed as it is, Skinny Love still fucking blows me away.

Larry David and ComedownMachine like this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Never realized how short FEFA is. BI,BI up now

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

We're listening to AJR today per a student's suggestion. Everyone hates it, including me.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I saw AJR open for Ingrid Michaelson once, about a year and a half ago. It was one of the five most painful live music experiences I've had in my life.

Micah511 likes this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

oh fuck I definitely saw them open up for her too then. I remember a shitty fun rip-off!

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

With the guy in the stupid hat.

[​IMG]

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. You should just dedicate a whole unit to painfully average white guys making radio music. Train, Maroon 5, Chainsmokers, Imagine Dragons, AJR, etc. Good god.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

This is awesome. I’m also a high school English/Journalism teacher, and I play a lot of stuff in class that gets mentioned on here. (Lately it’s been Hookworms, Ought, Caroline Rose, Anna Burch, and Khruangbin.) I’ve had them do track reviews, and they’ve written album reviews for our school “newspaper” online, but it’s usually for big pop albums like Harry Styles or Timberlake and so on. I love this thread and will try to contribute what I can.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dookie today. Everyone in the group is a superfan so I'm excited to hear it for the first time in forever with kids who are super enthusiastic about it.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

how do they feel about ye

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think they all find him irrelevant. Barely anyone has talked about the new one

JRGComedy likes this.