Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Have You Been Listening to Over the Past Month? • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

ramres likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Whole Wheat Bread? Nice

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  3. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This was fun. Been rocking the new GC album a lot the last couple weeks, it seems.

[​IMG]

4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I could've sworn it was either Bad Books, or Kevin Devine...googled it and was wrong. I feel like I'm close though, but can't remember! Driving me a bit crazy...

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It is Kevin Devine

6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Oh...stupid Google haha. Thanks.

7. latortuga Aug 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2016)
    latortuga

Regular

Fun image generator! Clearly I'm obsessed with PUP...

[​IMG]

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Cool little tool!

[​IMG]

Bartek T. likes this.
  9. NotBruce

Regular

This made me want to sign up for last.fm. Which I'll probably do.

10. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

11. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I don't use Last.fm (not really sure what it is). All I've listened to this entire summer is Hamilton though, so imagine a 5×5 of that album cover.

12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Oh my god I remember Whole Wheat Bread! Haven't thought of them forever!!!

Jake W and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  13. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I saw something on Facebook a couple weeks ago about them releasing something, so I put them on at the gym and listened to their entire discography. That made me chuckle because I haven't listened to them in years prior to that.

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I need new Whole Wheat Bread in my life. I was really into them years ago.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  15. kidasquared

walk until your blush subsides

[​IMG]

16. nrm8821

[​IMG]
    Alexisonfire has been creeping back up into my listens the last couple months.

Bartek T. and redwing91007 like this.
  17. Hmmm... This makes me wish I used last.fm!

For me, it's been a lot of Steven Curtis Chapman's The Glorious Unfolding, Architects' All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us, Blind Breed's Alive, Falling Up's Fangs!, Ashley Monroe's The Blade, PUP's The Dream is Over, Relient K's Air for Free, Seven Places' Hear Me Say Jesus, Direct Hit!'s Wasted Time, Artifex Pereo's Time in Place, Jimmy Eat World's Clarity, and Gabrielle Aplin's English Rain EP.

18. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

There's supposed to be something soon. I'm in St. Pete, and the used to play here every couple months, so I was really into them then, but they stopped and went kind of quiet. I'd like to hear more too though.

Jake W likes this.
  19. nrm8821

Lumineers. Hell yeah

ChairMaster04 likes this.
  20. polyfilla

who can never be sure

[​IMG]

Wow - feeling a little all over the place here. But if this isn't an accurate depiction of my music tastes, idk what is.

Loving the new Blink a little too much. Biggest surprises for me here are Man Overboard and Vanna...long live 2011

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I've used both, but I currently use QuietScrob. It works pretty ok, but I've found you can't just leave it and let it do it's thing, depending on how you use Apple Music. Basically, if you save your music for offline listening, that stuff will scrobble fine 99% of the time. If you're streaming stuff your library, you have to be pretty diligent about going into the QuietScrob app and refreshing periodically to make sure everything is getting scrobbled, especially during/immediately after the first track you're playing - otherwise it sometimes won't register you've played anything until after the data has been erased from whatever memory cache it pulls from (I have no idea how it actually works) and you'll lose the scrobbles. If you're streaming a curated playlist, radio, or anything not in your library, you're SOL.

I've basically gotten into the habit of opening the app and refreshing every so often as I'm listening, but I'm very anal about having my last.fm record as much as possible, so if you don't want to deal with that hassle, you might want to investigate CloudScrob. I haven't used it in a long time so I don't know if it works the same way as it used to, but I ended up getting frustrated with it.

Smage likes this.
  22. chuwaay

[​IMG]

redwing91007 likes this.
  23. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Sweet thanks for all the feedback. I download all my music to my phone for offline play (really low data plan:/) so that's good to know it'll work well. I'll probably try QuietScrob first since it's free and see how it goes.

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

25. Bartek T. Aug 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2016)
    Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Loving all the deep cuts you guys have in these collections ;o I'm not sure where's Thrice in my set, but that's probably I mostly listened to it in my car I guess - it should be the most played album. Also new Zealyn would be high up there, but it seems last.fm didn't have her cover.

[​IMG]