Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Ever Happened to Brendan Fraser?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This GQ profile of Brendan Fraser is fantastic:

His eyes are pale and a bit watery these days—less wide than they used to be when he was new to the screen, playing guys who were often new to the world. Blue-gray stubble around the once mighty chin, gray long-sleeve shirt draped indifferently over the once mighty body. I’m 35: There was a time when the sight of Fraser was as familiar to me as the furniture in my parents’ house.

fenway89 likes this.
  2. gbuffers

England.

Glad to see he's doing better. Always seemed like a nice guy who has been through a lot. Good luck to him.

Analog Drummer and fenway89 like this.
  3. efp722

Regular

this was a tough read. glad to see he made it through

Kingjohn_654 and fenway89 like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would love to see him in more films. I'm glad he is is over that hill.

Kingjohn_654 and fenway89 like this.
  5. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Gods and Monsters is a wonderful film. It's definitely my favorite role of his.

6. AVanMill17

Regular

Please let this be the start of getting him back into the Mummy franchise. It's what we all deserve.

Raku likes this.
  7. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Some folks may not like it, but I still think Blast From the Past is charmingly cheesy and entertaining af. Good on him for having things turn around.

Kingjohn_654 and caakle like this.
  8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This was a really interesting read. Sucks that he's part of the #metoo movement too.

It doesn't sound like his body would be up to that task judging from the article.

9. Tata Toothy

Regular

I enjoyed the first mummy movie, the second was okay not really worth watching again IMO. The third one was just pure garbage.

I think even Brandon knows he’s milked that franshice dry. Personally I hope he jumps into some drama/thriller roles.

10. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This man deserves better. I'm glad the writer treated his story with respect while allowing his personality to shine through.

The Mummy is one of the most perfect action/adventure movies of all time, and a huge part of it was due to his charisma in that role. And Beni. Beni was funny as fuck.

mattylikesfilms and RobJGolde like this.
  11. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Agreed. I always thought there was something genuinely likable about him regardless of the role he was playing. I'm excited for Trust. Hopefully it's the proper catalyst for his comeback.

12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

George of the Jungle and Dudley Do Right deserve trilogies.

RobJGolde likes this.
  13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Funny, I didn't know he lived so close to me and it explains why I saw him sitting outside eating across the street from my job 2 summers ago. I was standing on the sidewalk talking to a friend who works at the restaurant he was sitting at. My friend goes "did you see who's behind you?" I turned, made immediate direct eye contact, and a very disheveled and unhappy looking Brendan Fraser looked through my soul as if he would punch me in the face if I even said hi. I didn't.

RobJGolde likes this.