Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Do You Do For Your Job / Living • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 2, 2016.

1. fishguts182

Regular

Currently an application developer for state government, but working on certifications and what not to get into the networking/cybersecurity field.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I'm an electrical engineer for a defense contractor

3. iKezims

Old Crow, Young Cardinal

I am a newscast director for a CBS TV affiliate in Wisconsin.

I basically control all aspects of the on-air product of a two hours newscast.

Pretty fun, a lot of moving parts, but being some what a control freak it satisfies me.

I also write Fantasy Sports content for RotoWire.com

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I am an Operations Technician for a company called Endress+Hauser that makes process automation products.

I support internal employees, outside reps, work on our HR systems and processes for Employee Changes and Recruiting, and any other crazy IT projects that come up. The company is based in Germany and I work in our US headquarters, so it's interesting sometimes what Germany wants standards-wise vs. what we do.

5. iKezims

Old Crow, Young Cardinal

Hey fellow newsie. What station/affiliate you work for?

6. Lauren

Miss America Prestigious

I'm an executive assistant at a pharmaceutical company. I run the lives of a few suit-types.

7. NotBruce

Regular

Yep! It's not my most used section of a keyboard, but people around here use it a lot.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Retail shit. Beer/wine/spirits department at Wegmans.

9. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I went to Binghamton University and that Wegman's liquor store was THE BEST

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

National Accounts Manager for a company that makes packaging machinery for the tissue industry,

11. monokit

master average

I record, mix and master music part time while I'm in school.

12. I do sales for an orthopedic implant company. I sell/provide implants and instruments for orthopedic surgery (total joints, sports medicine, trauma).

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Data Analyst/Technician for an airbag inflator company.

14. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Quality Engineer with a mechanical engineering background. I work for a company that makes OEM and 3rd Party automotive lighting!

15. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

I work at an insurance company adjusting auto claims.
    I work in the litigation department so I have to handle a lot of the big injury claims and anything there is a lawsuit filed on.
    If anyone gets into an auto accident in IL and needs some help, I'm your guy!

16. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Currently a Packaging Engineer at a OTC and cosmetic manufacturing facility. It's not too exciting, but next week I'm transitioning into another job as a Process Engineer, where I'll actually get to work directly with both equipment and people which will be nice. My current job is basically just looking at specifications on a computer which can get pretty trivial.

I will miss being able to listen to music and peruse the forums tho.

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I'm the production and installation director for a signage/graphics/art company.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I work for the Anaheim Ducks in the merchandise department. My second job is with AEG primarily doing merch stuff at Angel Stadium, but everywhere else AEG has its stake within the LA/OC area (LA Galaxy, Tough Mudder, Kings, Lakers, ect). As a full time student at a university I got to say I lucked out on jobs that enable me to keep pursing my education.

Coolest shit I've worked: 2014 Game 5 SC Finals, Foo Fighters, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Teemu Selanne's retirement ceremony, and this week: Kobe's final game.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That's dope! What'd you do for them? I did a lil work for another pro team merchandise

20. I work at the university of Minnesota and I manage "employer relations" which means I maintain (and create) relationships with companies that recruit our students

21. farva2

Regular

Training coordinator at A police department. They occasionally let me film stuff too which is cool because I have a degree in it.

22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

For Ducks I'm in the big store usually handling the used/autographed gear, Angels I'm usually in a smaller store by myself or with another person, and it'll just be merch stands for concerts and other events.

Never really a boring day

23. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm a Pawnbroker. It's interesting sometimes, but it's generally a pretty boring job. Nothing like what TV shows represent.

24. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Software Engineer for Comcast.

25. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

UX Designer working at a pretty great ad agency in Brooklyn, Carrot Creative