Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Do You Do For Your Job / Living • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 2, 2016.

1. mouood

ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe? Prestigious

I'm a data analyst for a tech company. Just switched jobs after 4 years at a healthcare company, and I'm loving it so far.

2. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

A few buddies and I do contract work making iOS apps. We're kind of at a crossroad right now and it looks like we may start developing and releasing apps under our own name, which I am super excited/nervous about. The goal is to become self-sufficient and less reliable on client work.

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

structural engineer

4. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I wash shitty dishes in a shitty restaurant

Raku likes this.
  5. JohnnyEverclear

FKA c_rob2700 Prestigious

currently freelance writing for some really small blogs and websites. It obviously doesn't pay the bills so I'm working at a butcher shop/resteraunt as well. life is good. Can't complain.

6. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

i'm an electrical engineer, doin some mixed signals design/debug and lots of matlab-ing

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I didn't do a specialty because I didn't realize I wanted to do archives until it was too late, I'm trying to be flexible and looking for any job in the field though

just a general masters, glad to see you love your job that's encouraging

8. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I work from home doing research and data entry for a marketing company. I also dabble in childcare.

9. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

I write for a trade magazine focused on non-fiction entertainment (factual, documentary) and get to travel to Europe often. I'm currently in Cannes, France.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

11. wasttingaway

I work for a bank doing commercial loans that range in price anywhere from $1MM to $30MM.

12. JohnR831

Regular

Oh? That doesn't sound too bad. I'm currently in the process of looking for a job., but I'm sort of at a loss. I just got back home after teaching abroad for a couple of years. I studied Public Policy, Political Science (international relations concentration), and Peace and Conflict Studies. I've also volunteered for political campaigns and interned with my state legislature. It would be a dream to work for State or anything in that direction, really. Can you tell me more about the contractor haha? You can PM me if that's better!

Laura likes this.
  13. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I'm a designer at a social-media/digital agency called VaynerMedia. I love it, lots of photoshoots and photoshop

lightning13 likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I work for Kroger, specifically the Fred Meyer main office. It's an office job, but I love it and it's pretty cool.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Do people get to pick their cuts of meat from the butcher part and have the restaurant cook it for them? I've been to a butcher shop/bar/restaurant once that did that. Was kinda cool.

16. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

ex-pokemon trainer turned designer at a PR & consumer engagement agency. so if you have a product to market like a phone or food or weed pens (lol best project ever), you come to us and we build an experience at a festival/college campus/airports etc. we build out the microsites, email campaigns, pop up shops, etc. Also, if any of you guys are at Pike Place in Seattle, i'll give you a tour of our office :)

jlinitz likes this.
  17. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Absolutely! I'll PM you a few links. Anything to help a fellow Poli Sci grad out. It can be tough out there finding non-teaching jobs.

JohnR831 likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Will be in Seattle in June.

Preschool assistant teacher, babysitter, Comedian.

19. Strues

I make websites. Lots of websites. Sometimes apps. That and deal with future code monkeys in training and the disasters they occasionally create.

20. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I'm an usher and gallery guard at my college's performance hall. Shit hours, but as a college student I take what I can get.

21. danielalee12

Regular

I'm a data analyst/engineer working in boston.

22. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Copywriter at a healthcare ad agency. Not sure if it's something I want to do forever, but it's a cool job for now.

23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Just curious - are you moving out there or just vacationing? Oddly enough I'm in the process of selling my house here in NC and have planned to move to Seattle sometime between the end of May to the end of June.

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Performing a show there! Should be good, it'll be our Washington debut.

crunchprank likes this.
  25. I think I kinda annoy some people online?

Haven't figured out how to answer this question still.