Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Do You Do For Your Job / Living • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 2, 2016.

1. MegaButterfree

Regular

Been trying to find a job. I really want it to be in retail. I've worked seasonal retail jobs & enjoyed them (was even promoted to front-end supervisor last time) so that's what I want to stick to. I've filled out a bunch of applications but only heard back from 1 of them so far (a clothing store) & had an interview last week. The interview went okay I think but she said she'd call or email me back for a 2nd interview, so I'm just playing the waiting game right now. Fingers crossed.

2. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Been a crazy week for my "jobs" (only 2 actually are jobs)

Full Time job: dialysis patient. one of my fellow patients fell and broke her femur on one leg and tib/fib on the other. was crazy sad.

Part time job: front desk assistant at a healthcare center (prompt care) had a guy come in that was legit having a heart attack and job #3 (state licensed EMT) swooped in and got to help!

more on job #3...huge head on collision and one of the drivers walked 11 miles and wasn't found for almost 12 hours. searching cornfields for HOURS looking for him...That was a fun night/morning/night at job #1.

job #4...worked at the local establishments for a concert event tonight. shitty country band but i get paid decent/drink for free....normal attendance 400 people..tonight we'd be lucky if there were 40.

3. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

New job, nothing crazy. I work at U-Haul, cool thing is I work with a dude I went to High school with. Never was friends with him then, but he always had SO MANY mutual friends as me, now he's my manager and it's pretty chill. We get done what we need and BS/pal around while doing so.
    When I'm done with my probationary period my shifts will largely be alone, but its a small store in a more remote locale considering the traffic there vs. literally the highway behind us lol; so shouldn't be TOO BAD.

These lil odd jobs aren't something I'ma complain about but I do think it's time to get back to school to finish my degree. Closer I get to 30 the whole "Take one for the team (my pockets) and do without so we have cash for spontaneous plans" is getting old. I wanna be able to pay my bills AND have the lil "nice things" I want. Think I'ma finally take this job up on that tuition reimbursement thing I never did before lol.

4. PensHockey

Regular

So I moved to Denver and don't know anyone. This job is not what I thought it would be. I analyze risk and have found that I've turned into a No person. I have yet to say yes to a risk profile. I am dashing company and people's dreams. Sucks.

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I mentioned in another thread, but I got a promotion this week. I'm a Quality Coordinator now. I don't have to do anything different, but I get paid more which is nice

6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Working front desk at two different hotels, finding it very difficult to balance both of them and I'm still working under 40 hours I think haha. I get burnt out so easily.

7. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Production Coordinator soon to be Line Producer finallllly