Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What Do You Do For Your Job / Living

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by crunchprank, Apr 2, 2016.

1. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I work at a web hosting company, where I sell web hosting and web hosting accessories. Sometimes I'm sent to our dungeon (datacenter) to run cable like a good little rackmonkey.

So. What would you say... ya do here?

[​IMG]

RyanPm40 and JJ Pagan like this.
  2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I'm a cook in a small town restaurant.

I occasionally have help but mostly work by myself. Prepping, cooking and cleaning is my day in a nutshell.

Pros: get to listen to whatever I want all day long, never hungry, I get paid well (as far as cooks go) since I work solo.

Cons: when big parties get in its easy to be overwhelmed, long days (10-11 hour days)

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  3. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I'm a student but I work part time making pizza in a food service department of a popular grocery store #pizza

4. Kristen

Regular

Marketing assistant in a soul sucking office job

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm currently double dipping for a single company as a Social Worker and Director of Environmental Services. My goal is to become a licensed Nursing Home Administrator by 2017.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I work front desk at a dr's office which I hate, just graduated from library science school and trying to find a job in the field and figure out what I'm doing with my life but there's nothing

7. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I'm a computer science major but I'm an optician at Sam's Club too. We don't have a doctor at the moment and it sucks right now.

8. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I'm a production/tour manager for a dance company that uses wireless EL/LEDs on black out suits for their performances. Can be pretty fun when we're out on tour/doing shows. Definitely has allowed me to see more of the world than I thought I'd ever see.

Kiana, Miss Heartcore and Garrett L. like this.
  9. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Analytical Chemist at my cities wastewater treatment plant. I run ICPs and such to test the metal levels in water.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Brent like this.
  10. AJ Earhart

get off my case

Electrical engineer. I make sure the lights stay on.

RyanPm40, Evolution Kid and Brent like this.
  11. jessem491

I'm Casey's Dad damnit!

I used to work in IT and still work as an IT Consultant, but I own two Dog Day Care businesses so no more office work for me. :-)

Evolution Kid likes this.
  12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

And I thank you

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I make lasers and websites.

RyanPm40, KimmyGibbler and Brent like this.
  14. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I am a manager at a forklift company. They're a particular type of forklift that can lift up to fifty thousand pounds. I manage the parts department, which involves maintaining inventory, ordering parts, making deals with vendors, selling parts, finding sources for cheaper parts, etc. I spend a lot of time looking at machine schematics. It is sort of strange to me that I know what I'm doing, because I always thought that sort of knowledge was beyond me. Anyway, being a boss sucks, aside from being able to fire racists. The only thing good about it is they pay me well.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I send fire missions to shoot rockets and missiles up to 300KM away, publicly. It's not really as cool as I thought it'd be.

And I do photography on the side.

Raku likes this.
  16. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I work for the State Department. But not doing anything exciting, just data entry/document review.

Mokena likes this.
  17. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

I'm a math teacher.

stayillogical likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

you run Insane Clown Posses? that owns

19. JohnR831

Regular

May I ask how you got that job?

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Waitress/barista
    Probably will be forever

21. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I used to work in a takeout restaurant, but since it went out of business, it's back to job-hunting for me.

22. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I'm a college senior graduating in May with degrees in Political Science and Russian language & civilization (9+ semesters of language courses + lots of culture courses). I also work in the dorms as an RA, so I get free housing + some money.

No idea what's next after I graduate. Need to figure that out :teethsmile:

Raku likes this.
  23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Slangin' pizzas/student

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Freelance Writer/Editor, but take any freelance work I can get/think I can give a good product for. Currently got a gig writing for an education website conglomerate. I've edited novels, cleaned empty apartments for a company before new tenants moved in, record phrases for voice recognition software, etc.

I'm also trying to foster a writing career by getting into the habit of writing reviews of books I read, so I can develop an eye for things needed/excelled at in craft. I've written a novel, but it's got a pretty extensive edit phase that I'm currently working through.

Still looking for that adult job.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've been spending two months waiting for one of my bosses to ask me what I do.