Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

What are some of your favorite album runs? • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Cody, Jun 2, 2018.

1. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

AFI is a great pick, I'd toss Decemberunderground onto the end as that album was great.

2. The Starting Line’s whole discography

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Pink Floyd: Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall

Quercus likes this.
  4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

oasis: definitely maybe, (what's the story) morning glory, be here now
    blur: modern life is rubbish, parklife, the great escape

Kiana likes this.
  5. thesaltedsea

Modest Drinker

I was just thinking about this concept the other day, it's rare for a band to string three great albums in a row. From when I was in middle/high school, I remember thinking that Mxpx had a great album run, I tend to forget about them as a band now days (though the new album has gotten some play from me.)

Teenage Politics, Life in General, Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

I also think (speaking of Bremerton boys) that Death Cab had a great trio early on:

Photo Album, Transatlanicism, Plans

I guess this question is so subjective on personal taste, but my favorite bands BN, The Get Up Kids, Thrice, mwY, and even Manchester O haven't pulled of a trio of great records. As far as those bands go I thought Deja and TDAGARIM were amazing, and I enjoyed Daisy but it was not the third in a progression of better records, much like the Get Up Kids. Four Minute Mile and Something to Write Home About were a great progressional pairing but On A Wire (much like daisy) was an album I really enjoyed though it wasn't what I thought we would get. Thrice's Artist and Vheissue seemed to be a string of great albums but to me Alchemy was good but a bit disjointed. And finally Manchester's Virgin and Mean Everything were great, but Simple Math felt the same to me as Daisy or On A Wire.

Just my two cents. I love when a band can string together three or four great records in a row, but I think its difficult, often because after an album or two bands tend to want to try something really different and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Two of the most underrated bands:

Drive-By Truckers
    Los Campesinos!

Both of them have strung together absurdly good and consistent runs of albums.

7. thesaltedsea

Modest Drinker

Drive By Truckers are very underrated, and as much as I've loved Jason Isbell's solo and 400 Band albums, I think the truckers get treated like they weren't much of a band beore Jason joined, and weren't much of a band after he left, but they have always been a great band.

I'm gonn have to check out Los Campesinos though never heard them.

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Nick Drake: Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter, Pink Moon

9. Pooch

Regular

Kaddisfly: Buy Our Intention, Set Sail the Prairie, Horses Galloping on Sailboats