Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Apr 27, 2016.

1. This is where I'm at at the moment. I'm let down and yet also enjoying it. Heh. Maybe it'll be a second watch gem?

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I hope so haha. It's definitely not bad, I just expected more. It just seems like it was written really, fast? Idk. Haha

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished my rewatch of First Day of Camp today and it's so fucking funny.

How much screentime does Paul Rudd get in this? I feel like he's more busy with Marvel stuff now than he was when they were filming the prequel

4. He was in it More than I expected

5. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Thought it was a good season. I agree with everyone saying the Reagan stuff isn't great. It's good when used sparingly, but it took up way too much of the season. Definitely a worthwhile watch especially if you've watched the movie and other season.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Still not gonna get around to this tomorrow but a little bummed reading the impressions in here. I'm sure I'll find a lot to enjoy but I guess it helps to go in with my expectations lowered a bit.

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit underwhelmed. Got a few episodes left that I'll wrap up today.

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Y'all have already watched all of this? Jesus

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

It's only 8 30 minute episodes. I never hardcore binge anything and I finished it all yesterday.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I watched it at work. :shrug:

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Overall was pretty disappointed by this but I did laugh really hard at David Hyde Pierce's cameo in the last episode

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Watched the first four so far and it's A+

Vivatoto and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. Ha, didn't realize this was out and ended up watching it all today. It's fun. Not as consistent as First Day of Camp, but there were definitely plenty of high points (Michael Ian Black killed me) and it's just always great to see this cast together. I really don't have many complaints.

14. "King of Camp" I think was my favorite.

15. "Steal third. I dare -- shit"

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

half way through
    comparing it to the movie seems unfair, that's like top ten quotable movies

there are so many absurd things like the Deep Throat thing or that one of the plays Suzie put on at Firewood was Equus that I feel like only they could do

Anthony_D'Elia and dadbolt like this.
  17. Also loves David Hyde Pierce's moment and Coop referencing "an episode back"

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deep Throat payoff was such a fucking bummer

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the whole thing today. Definitely the weakest in the WHAS "trilogy" (tonally it felt pretty off at times, like it was a different style of humor than the movie and prequel) but it was still really fucking funny and the cast was obviously phenomenal. Loved how insane it got at the end, and I actually didn't mind the Reagan stuff, we don't get to see him portrayed in a villainous light enough so this was a nice change

Really happy these two shows exist, and that I can add them into my annual rewatch of the movie.

also the end of David Hyde Pierce's scene had me in fucking tears, I didn't expect that at all

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Six episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. I couldn't help but think Beth's giant hat and goggles during the king of the camp event was in reference to Linda Perry of Four Non Blondes considering this takes place in the early 90s

suicidesaints likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finally getting to watch this now

22. fronkensteen

Trusted

Got back from vacation today, napped, and then binged the whole thing in one setting. Absolutely loved it.

I can't pick a single favorite, but Christopher Maloney, Ken Marino, Michael Ian Black are hysterical. I'll probably watch the whole "trilogy" again over the next week or so.

23. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished. Oh my God it's perfect

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Loved it.

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I really loved the last episode. Warmed my heart and soul.

"What a shitty totem pole!"

---

"Oh I forgot my coat!" *smashes into the table of glasses*

Aaron Mook likes this.