Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Westworld (HBO) TV Show • Page 46

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 10, 2016.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This was an incredible episode. One of the best of the series

2. What a beautiful episode. Wouldn't be my personal favorite, but I could see the argument for it being considered the best of the series. It feels self-contained with a character who's arc we can sympathize with, and yet there's also connective tissue with the show as whole. Cinematography was great also. Loved all the wide shot landscapes.

airik625 and Kuri44 like this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally got around to watching Sunday's episode. It was OK. Maybe it was a bit hyped up for me (seeing as I saw a few publications saying it was the best of the series).

The biggest problem I'm developing with this show is that I have zero attachment or connection to any of these characters anymore. I feel like it's already getting into Walking Dead territory where there's too many characters and too many story lines all going on at once that eventually it's just not that interesting.

I really enjoyed the first 3 or 4 episodes of Season 2 (maybe moreso than Season 1) but the rest of the season so far has been very hit or miss, mostly miss for me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This episode was very uneven. It seemed like they were trying to accomplish the same thing with William's storyline that they did with the previous episode but it came off as way too melodramatic. I thought the actress who played Emily was kind of wooden in her line delivery. Maybe that was on purpose if they wanted her to seem more like a robot? I dunno, it was distracting.

I did like that Dolores finally faced a real consequence. Her storyline finally became interesting again.

5. Kind of a waste that Maeve has been lying in a bed for like three episodes now.

Kind of a waste that Emily's just a plot device for her father, who, by the way, is still the least interesting main character.

Up until this, Dolores has only been interesting this season when coming into contact with other interesting people. Hopefully that turns around after this and she becomes the interesting one again.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If that truly truly was his daughter, so heartbreaking and fucked

teebs41 likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Also pretty wild it aired on father’s day lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hahaha shit, didn't even think about that

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Wait. May have missed something. What happened to Emily in the last episode? I tend to fall asleep for 5-10 minutes everytime I watch these on Sunday night because they’re long & I’m an old man.

10. airik625 Jun 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

William shot her dead because he thought she was one of Ford’s hosts because she knew about his profile. After he killed her, he found his profile on her hand and realized what he has done. So he killed his wife (inadvertently) and then murdered his daughter after everything she went through.

Serenity Now likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Oh boy. Definitely missed that. What a jackass.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m gonna watch the season finale but after that I may have to go my separate ways. I really enjoyed the first 3 or 4 episodes of this season but the last 5 have been a serious chore for me to get through. Half of Season 1 was too.

aoftbsten likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm in the same boat. There's really only one character I'm fully invested in (Maeve) and there's only been on episode this season that I would consider great (Kiksuya). Unless the finale is just mind-blowingly good, I'm probably out after this.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Maverick Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2018)
    Maverick

Trusted

I thought I was out after the last season, but then there was nothing else I wanted to watch so I caught up with the 2nd season and actually like it better then the first.. shows still very much hit or miss though.

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I just watched the movie for the first time and I’m glad I did

16. This show is so fucking dumb.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I gave up on it long ago. What’s the TLDR of how bad the finale is now?

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Great song to end it on

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

this was...yikes. why they told the story in this manner is baffling.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

They really really love Radiohead.

Also, I didn't read anything about the series being over, but that was definitely a series finale.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

There are 5 seasons written. They wrote them after the first 4 episodes. Going to be two years until the next season

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, that actually worries me. This seemed like the perfect way to end it.....even if I only understood like 30% of what happened hahaha

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So overall, second season worth watching? I completely held off.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

i enjoyed it a lot, but I don't understand it haha