Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Westworld (HBO) TV Show • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 10, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Filler episode but fun. There are fans out there that probably wanted to see an entire episode in one of the world's and that's what this was.

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

think i’m officially done with this. if they aren’t going to even give us anything fun to discuss over three weeks, let alone develop even a single character, there’s no real point in sticking around

3. currytheword

Trusted

Gave you nothing to discuss?

This is confusing. What are you expecting more of, or how did you think this story was gonna go?

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

So do we think the most likely scenario (after seeing next week's preview) is that Bernard has been run through a simulation for most of this season so Delos can get some insight into what's going on?

5. I was thinking it's possible that he's under Dolores' influence and has been sent to infiltrate Delos for her. I've definitely thought about the simulation theory as well, though. I'm very curious about what's going on there.

currytheword likes this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It actually could be both of those things. I'm just leaning towards the simulation thing because there are so many weird little things that don't make sense from Bernard's scenes (his scar is missing, none of the people seemed to be concerned about his well-being when they find him on the beach, Elsie looks perfectly fine after living in a cave, etc.) Little inconsistencies are prevalent in his story when this show is very deliberate in details like that.

7. currytheword

Trusted

Well, Elsie did say Bernard left her tied up with food and water. The only confusing scene so far for me was the Bernard beach scene, but I too think that was intentionally supposed to be confusing or questionable. Someone is definitely pulling strings in his story, but I don't honestly believe it's Dolores. I think it's something Ford planned.

8. A couple episodes ago, I suggested he might be under Ford's influence and was sent in to print that control unit and upload whoever's (Ford's?) consciousness it was to a new body. Either way, we all agree he's under someone's influence haha. It's sad because I think he's one of the characters I feel the most sympathy for, and yet he likely has no real agency and seems so lost most of the time. Poor guy.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  9. domotime2

I'm very positive about the shows I watch but I'm not sure if I'm into the jedi mind tricks aspect

10. domotime2

But we will see where it goes

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah that’s the only thing that really seems bad to me. Quite OP. But hopefully just like the speech thing it won’t always work, like with the Ghosts.

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

at least i'm not feeling compelled to get back into it, i tapped out halfway through episode 3 and nothing else is giving me any reason to come back

13. primavera

casey save yourself the time

i wish i could

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm thinking it will at least have consequences since they've talked about the mesh network thing in other parts of the story. It would be another thing if Maeve decided to go full Daenerys and just traveled from world to world gathering armies.

15. Kuri44

I feel like there’s no purpose for season 2, like not much has happened compared to season 1. but I’m still here and enjoying the ride cause i do like the characters, direction, cinematography

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah this episode in particular I feel like absolutely nothing happened.

Kuri44 likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

You guys is wack. Watching Robots shoot at each other is dope! lol

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This season has been on fire

19. primavera

in the way that in post-apocalyptic movies there’s always a scene with a large dumpster on fire, yes. definitely.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dafuq was that last ending ?

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I haven’t been one to complain much about this show - and have even defended it - but these last two episodes have been very hard for me to get through.

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Why did Maeve’s cowboy dude go back to an old-timey shotgun? Would’ve been way cooler for him to keep running around with that machine gun. Now that Westworld is broken and they are self aware what’s the point of them being constrained by the immersion?

This really bothers me for some reason lol.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

The season started off strong, but I agree these last two episodes have been pretty blah.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's weird how this specific thread is so different from anything else I've encountered about the show

Night Channels likes this.
  25. primavera

you should try taking in opinions on it that aren’t from reddit. a lot of critics are much more harsh on it than i or anyone in this thread are