Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Westworld (HBO) TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

are they replicating guests and then sending them off into the world

domotime2 and manoverboard365 like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh shit I didn't even think of that. That could be their way of containing the massacre and keeping the park running.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Also I wonder if the opening scene was inspired by this

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh I was 100% thinking it was a Desmond-type reveal, first thing I said after the music started and they weren't showing who it was right away

airik625 likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I got heavy LOST vibes in that opening.

6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

every seen in that bunker was hatch-lite

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

What a show

8. Great stuff. I love the design of those faceless hosts in the lab, cool yet terrifying. This idea of pursuing immortality and coming up short because of a "cognitive plateau" is interesting. So, who's mind did Bernard print a control unit for? Ford's? Is he still under Ford's influence somehow and going to effectively "revive" him after implanting that control unit into a host?

Stoked for Shogun World next week.

currytheword likes this.
  9. airik625 May 15, 2018
    (Last edited: May 15, 2018)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The experiment with Delos reminds me a lot of Get Out.

Peter Mullan was brilliant this episode. May be the best, single performance in the series so far.

Any theories as to who the other human-host hybrid is?

This theory that Teddy’s mind has now been placed into Bernard’s (beach timeline) makes a lot of sense actually. It’s the B=T theory in this article:

The ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Theory Tracker: A Running List of Comprehensive Hypotheses

10. atlas

Trusted

No idea why but Lee deadpanning "that wasn't supposed to happen" immediately after Akane stabbed that dude in the eye was the funniest moment of the show thus far

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

DAYUMMM MAEVE!

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

this is my first real complaint with this show as my love for the first season was pretty immediate but at this point in time the Dolores storyline is pretty damn boring. I am completely engrossed during the Maeve, Bernard and MiB scenes and completely disconnected when Dolores appears. Teddy being a complete and total dumbass doesn't help

imthesheriff and smowashere like this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've seen that complaint quite a bit and I sort of agree. I'm loving everyone's arcs this season besides hers. She really hasn't done much considering how much screen time she's had.

14. As an Asian American, I really appreciated the "I'm from Hong Kong, asshole" ahahahaha

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I thought last week's episode was perhaps the best episode of the entire series. I thought last night's was possibly one of the worst, in my opinion.

manoverboard365 and imthesheriff like this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Same. I was very bored with last night's episode.

Ep really hurt by the lack of Bernard.

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I enjoyed it *shrug*

currytheword likes this.
  18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

last week being delores-less showed how this show can really groove when it cuts down on its storylines that really don’t work. unfortunately this week fell back into that hole.

19. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Why did that NEED to happen...can someone explain.

20. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I'm all for samurais/ronin and Wu-Tang covers

21. I enjoyed the episode. It was interesting to see Maeve and her group's realization that the Shogun World characters mirror their own stories, and it feels like they have an even deeper sense of awareness now. Maeve's new "language" is pretty cool.

I agree that the Dolores plotline is the least interesting, but I'm still curious to see where it goes. Teddy is never gonna catch break in this show lol.

22. currytheword

Trusted

I think that with his decision to let the prisoners go last week, and how he's been talking to Dolores, she (being the supreme machine unlike the rest) analyzed his decisions as a machine and knew going forward he won't listen to her and what she wants. So, she forced his reprogramming. That's how I took it at least.

23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I thought it was pretty cool as the slightly different cover of Paint It Black started to play and you became aware that it was a recycled storyline from Westworld.

Serenity Now likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been marathoning this show attempting to catch up to the rest of the world. I'm finally up-to-date. Not gonna lie, I'm not into this as much as I'd hoped. While there were some fun twists and payoffs, I found a lot of the first season to be unnecessarily convoluted.

This season has been similarly hit or miss too. The man in black/William is basically repeating his storyline from last season (though I mostly enjoyed the Altered Carbon/Get Out ideas introduced recently). Dolores going all homicidal was fun at first, but now I'm really not sure where they're going with that. Bernard has been intriguing though. Maeve is the only character and storyline that I've been fully invested in (really wish we had more of her), but this introduction of mind control powers has me nervous. I feel like it could end up being great or just make her a boring invincible character.

Overall, I like it enough and it's a cool enough world that I'm going to stick with it, but I might stop after this season if it doesn't pay off.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this cover is pretty darn cool

Serenity Now likes this.