Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Westworld (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Apr 10, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lets go

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Doesn't make any fucking sense so far lol

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Well, that was a hell of a premiere. Was not expecting some of what went down in this episode, for sure. Thought the performances were uniformly great and it certainly looks incredible. Looking forward to what comes next.

j mel and EngineDown like this.
  4. EngineDown

Really, really strange but I quite enjoyed it

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Did not disappoint. First time seeing Steven Ogg in something outside of Grand Theft Auto V.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

He was in Better Call Saul for a bit.

7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this was great. I was definitely confused during a lot of it, but I enjoyed it a lot.

j mel likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I was confused for like the the first half, but then it all finally started to click.

I thought it was a fantastic premiere though. Off to a great start.

10. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Interesting first episode, hopefully it doesn't just become a robots vs humans story because it set up a lot of cool possibilities.

11. EngineDown

Unsure as to whether Harris is a robot gone rogue/sentient or a guest who has stayed too long

j mel likes this.
  12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Loved it. A little unsure of how long they can keep the plot moving naturally before it becomes clear the writers are stalling, but overall it was excellent.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very cool premiere, lots of confusion that lead to many ah-ha moments, very curious to see where it goes

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Super intriguing premiere. The final shot was perfect.

15. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Loved this. Also love that Harris is being referred to as 'The Man in Black'.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Really enjoyed this, but I was also really confused most of the time.

Like how come Ed Harris couldn't be shot?

17. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't the Ed Harris character a guest? Hosts can't shoot guests.

18. Anthony_

Jonathan Nolan said in a pre-air interview that he has five seasons mapped out. So, unless he's lying to us, I don't know that this is going to be a problem for the show.

This isn't necessarily indicative of anything. In the film, when the park begins to break down, the weapons don't behave the way they were supposed to anymore (i.e. the hosts gain the ability to actually injure the guests). It's not too farfetched to think that someone in the park office (Dr. Ford, maybe?), for some reason, created a robot that believes he is human and is unaffected by the guns the same way a human would be. But that's if you buy the "Ed Harris is actually a robot" theory which is already storming comment boards across the internet less than 24 hours after the premiere lol. It's great that the show is already inspiring such lively discussion.

Erwin89 likes this.
  19. EngineDown

I mean, given the source material, it makes sense for everyone to assume he is a robot from the jump considering his counterpoint in the movie is a robot lol

williek311 likes this.
  20. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I've actually never seen the movie, do you recommend it? Yeah that's awesome, used to spend a lot of time discussing theories about Lost back in the day!

21. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

Was also in an ep of Broad City and I believe he's going to be recurring in TWD, too.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Anthony_

The film is way, way less dark than this series and mostly focuses on the perspective of the guests, whereas the show is mostly focusing on the hosts and the human employees. There is somewhat of a focus for a good bit of the film on the park employees, but the hosts aren't really at the forefront of the film until the last 35 minutes or so when everything goes to hell. It's definitely a 70s-era sci-fi flick, though, for better and for worse, but it is a solid film in my estimation. And definitely a must-watch for someone interested in the show, if only for the contrasts between the two. I will say that one of the reveals in this pilot episode was legitimately surprising to me as someone who watched the film first because it was a total reversal of what I was expecting based on what happens in the film.

Sorry for being vague, just trying not to spoil anything.

Erwin89 likes this.
  23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

this was really good but the music was sort of whack.. did we really need a piano version of black hole sun? how is that authentic lol
    also the opening shot of the town had that really stupid sounding drum part

but other than that this was a very interesting premiere and I like where it's going, definitely going to watch more.

24. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sold, gonna watch this tonight!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

according to Rolling Stone:
    Villain: The Man in Black (Ed Harris), a sadistic Westworld tourist with an apparently unlimited budget with a bottomless appetite for violence.
    but that could just be how we're supposed to view him at the start, who knows how it will play out.