Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Welcome To Marwen (Robert Zemeckis, November 21, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 20, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

bingo

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Hell yeah

riotspray likes this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So now it's this year's Book of Henry?

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

What's with Zemeckis remaking docs into narratives, anyway?

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh man, his last movie was Allied, that was a forgettable movie

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Or Collateral Beauty
    This and Life Itself

riotspray and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Life Itself was fucking awful. I’d be genuinely impressed if this movie manages to be worse.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

definitely a high level, everything goes wrong debacle of a film

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That review is exactly how I felt seeing the Polar Express in theaters. I had never experienced something with such a good cast and crew that was so utterly soulless and horrifying.

10. tvck

Trusted

So my wife and I watched Polar Express both for the first time last week. It's absolutely horrible. And it's insanely creepy and makes 0 sense. Is his take on Christmas Carol just as bad? I haven't seen that either.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have no idea. TPE was hands down one of the worst moviegoing experiences of my life so when he did A Christmas Carol I was hardcore out.

12. zmtr

Trusted

I really enjoyed the experience of A Christmas Carol 3D. Thought it was a pretty solid take on it. Haven’t seen it since though.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd be fine if every version of A Christmas Carol from now until the end of time was just the Muppets being rereleased in theaters. That and Alastair Sim's are the only two I care about/watch every year.

Connor and coleslawed like this.
  14. 15% on RT lol

riotspray likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate this the more I think about it, even for a few seconds. I don't know how anyone who cares about quality in film could even give it a middling review (like the one Ehrlich dropped on it)

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

All this bad mouthing only piques my curiosity to see it. I’m a glutton for diasasterous films.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

@Dog with a Blog This is probably worse than F*st F*ght. Massive waste of quality people. Maybe the worst film I've seen since Men, Women & Children

Connor and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

I’ve been reading through the thread haha. It looked bad but, from what I’m seeing, it’s a special kind of bad lol. I’m intrigued

Connor likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say no. It's just the most insulting, tone-deaf film imaginable. And from an accomplished (albeit well past his peak) filmmaker too

Connor and Dog with a Blog like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I love so bad it’s good movies or so terrible it’s amazing movies, but this doesn’t seem like either of those categories. It seems like Seltzer and Friedberg bad, but with the added horror of trying to be dramatic and serious and inspirational.

I’m definitely not a Zemeckis fan except for a few of his early films that I adore, but it hurts to see Steve Carell and Leslie Mann in something so terrible. They’re two of my favorite people.

Connor likes this.
  21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

The self-masochist in me is pushing me to see this garbage due to the sheer fascination of quality Hollywood creators with good intentions fucking up so horribly.

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’ve had too much joy in my life recently, I now must suffer to truly appreciate it.

23. Dog with a Blog

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah I really feel for them.