Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Welcome To Marwen (Robert Zemeckis, November 21, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 20, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Based on the documentary Marwencol
    The film also stars Eiza González, Diane Kruger, Leslie Mann, Merritt Wever, Gwendolyn Christie, Janelle Monáe, Neil Jackson, Siobhan Williams, Matt O’Leary, and Stefanie von Pfetten.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This looks unbelievably bad

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh yikes. Looks like Zemeckis is doubling down on the schmaltz of The Walk.

4. Dinosaurs Dish Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2018)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I read some reactions about how bad it looked and was thinking "Oh come on, it can't be that bad."

It is, boys. It is.

Awful. I can't wait to read and listen to hate reviews of this.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Marwencol is a BEAUTIFUL film and this literally looks like Zemeckis just taking a giant fucking dump on it.

EASheartsVinyl and riotspray like this.
  6. Wow.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Tbh I think this looks good. I’m excited to see this.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

No please no

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm so weirdly excited to see this. The doc is really good and Zemeckis won a lot of good faith with me after Allied.

10. Serh Dec 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hated it. Great intentions, but it's put together in a way that made me smack a shovel across my face at times. Go watch Spider-Verse again

Dog with a Blog and irthesteve like this.
  11. Why am I not surprised that there are no reviews for this out

irthesteve likes this.
  12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They really blast that Strumbellas song over the trailer, don’t they?

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still can’t believe this is a film that’s actually happening. Brings back all the horror of seeing the Polar Express in theaters.

Really wondering what the response will be. Wish the documentary could be done some justice instead of this.

14. Probably one of those situations where everything on set felt normal when they were shooting the live action footage and then in post-production everything went crazy with this strange CGI stuff. I can imagine Steve Carell's face seeing it

coleslawed likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

A preview for this came on the tv at the barber while I was getting my hair cut but the sound was off so I couldn't tell if this was some bizarre Small Soldiers kinda deal or what.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

this looks really good honestly. Wouldnt mind seeing it, but doesnt seem like its worth the $45 to take the lady and kid. No movies is lol. So sad.

17. yung_ting

Trusted

I burst out laughing when "LEARNING TO WALK AGAAIIIIN" played in the trailer as Carell is quite literally learning to walk again

Connor and Maybevictor like this.
  18. tvck

Trusted

This still looks like trash, good cast aside.

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

This isn't just the worst movie of 2018 (by a looooooong shot), it's a contender for the worst movie I have ever seen.
    I was literally howling the entire way through this movie it was so horrible. I’ve never seen a worse portrayal of mental illness/PTSD, or worse acting, editing, dialogue, camera work, MUSIC at the same time in a major hollywood film. I literally cannot believe that this is a movie getting released with advertisements and studio push in awards season in the year of our lord 2018.
    Nothing here works in the slightest: it truly made the wrong choice at every single given opportunity. I couldn't look away, I was honestly fist pumping and screaming to see how much lower and more putrid it could sink. A masterpiece of awfulness. A Disasterpiece.

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is really depressing for Zemeckis honestly. The Walk was awful but at least had one good sequence. Seems like this is gonna be even worse.

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Yeah I've never seen a better case for a director needing to be put out to pasture than this film... theres even a point late in the film that blatantly references his past films in a way thats..... sad and gross?

Connor and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Kind of excited to see this now.

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Getting trashed by critics

*surprised Pikachu*

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh boy... didn't have high hopes for this one but reading these posts are a little disappointing

25. zmtr

Trusted

"I’m sure everyone involved with Welcome to Marwen thought they were making an inspirational film. That they were telling an emotional story about overcoming pain and past trauma, and coming out stronger in the end. I have no doubt that Marwen‘s intentions are pure. But trying to achieve something, and actually achieving it, are two drastically different things. Welcome to Marwen doesn’t even come close to getting its message across. You won’t feel inspired or uplifted by anything on display here. In all likelihood, you’ll be horrified that a movie with this many talented people could go so horribly, disastrously wrong. With almost two weeks to spare, Welcome to Marwen might very well be the worst film of 2018."

yikes