Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Welcome to Geekdom/Chat Sematary Podcast • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Deanna, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

New episode! Jonathan Diener joined to chat about Legiom S1. Certainly a fun chat about how different this is from all other superhero shows on TV. Legion S1

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This week's episode is all about Fight Club! Give it a listen here: Fight Club

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Had on author Steven Keslowitz to discuss his book Why You Better Call Saul. He's also written books about shows like The Simpsons and 24.

Why You Better Call Saul

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Final episode of the year! Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays. And thanks to all of you for giving this podcast a listen. It’s much appreciated!

dadbolt likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I just listened to this episode as I get ready to start season 2. I can't believe I never thought of the similarities to The OC and OTH. Like, that seems so obvious now. For some reason I lumped shows like this , PLL, Vampire Diaries, and Disturbed into a newer era of teen dramas post Twilight that have a mystery/crime plot to it. I suppose Gossip Girl is sort of the bridge from an OC/OTH/Gilmore Girls/Dawson's Creek to some of the newer stuff.

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I totally get thinking of it with those newer shows. And it certainly still applies. I just saw a ton that took me back to OTH. Thanks so much for giving it a listen!

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A fun change of pace from previous episodes, in that this comic isn't actually one that I like that much.

But, there's a lot I love about certain elements they got very right, and I think there are some cool things to discuss tangentially to the comic itself (like the market context in which it was released and the ways it succeeds where Snyder films fail).

So, if you like comics and/or Superman, check out this episode, even if you haven't read the comic or don't like it. It's not that long and was fun to record.

Deanna likes this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

New episode! @ianebaldwin joined to discuss Overlap by Sean McCabe. Overlap by Sean McCabe

Next week: Murder on the Orient Express discussion on the book and the recent film. Maybe I'll even try to get @Jason Tate on another episode soon.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Scott Fugger returned to the podcast to discuss Iron Man: Extremis this week. Iron Man: Extremis

Upcoming episodes: Batman Begins with @Jason Tate and Perks of Being a Wallflower with Jameson Ketchum.

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Editing this Batman Begins episode with @Jason Tate now. It'll be up tomorrow!

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Had author Keith Rosson on to talk about his latest book, Smoke City. Smoke City

17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Today's new episode is on Spotlight with Sean Gonzalez. I hadn't watched the movie until recently and thought it was really well done. Spotlight

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Black Panther episode is here! MJ Rawls joined to discuss the movie and we get into what's next for the MCU at the end.

Black Panther

Shakriel likes this.
  19. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

subbin'. great idea for a pod!

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it and I’m always open to topic suggestions!

primavera likes this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Today’s episode is about Bayside with Becky Kovach, who is currently their publicist. Bayside

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

primavera likes this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

New episode! Leia, Princess of Alderaan

Spoilers, as usual, so definitely recommend reading the book first. Or not if you don't care haha.

Shakriel likes this.
  25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This week is all about 2017 films (and how many I didn’t get around to watching yet).
    2017 in Film

primavera likes this.