Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Happy 23rd birthday to Blue. My brother gave me that album for my birthday in first grade (1995) and I can say with total sincerity that him doing that changed the course of my life.

2. Collins

Trusted

Blue is a stone cold classic. The singles get a lot of love obviously, but some of the lesser mentioned tracks like Holiday, In The Garage, and The World Has Turned And Left Me Here are brilliant. Getting to see them play it on the Memories tour was really special, one of my favorites shows ever. Crazy it's 23.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I could live another 100 years...don't think I'll ever like a song more than "Only in Dreams."

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

23 years? Yikes

5. JM95

Trusted

One of the greats.

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The harmonies in Holiday are goat and I try to replicate them myself in my car Everytime and obviously I fail everytime

Drewski and Collins like this.
  7. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Only In Dreams and the World Has Turned are still some of my all time favorite songs.

KidLightning likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Sorta kinda recently I was talking to a friend how it's crazy how power chord driven a lot of those songs are and how long it took me to notice -- those finger picked acoustic /acoustic sounding parts do so much to fill out the sound but do so really subtly. Thinking about Blue is like thinking "oh yeah one of those albums I like that's actually pretty much perfect"

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, I always consider Pinkerton my favorite Weezer album but just reading through this short thread reminded me how fucking good Blue is. It's very close imo

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It is RAZOR thin for me. It can come down to the mood I'm in at a given moment. I default to Pinkerton because I consider that to be my favorite album of all time. You cannot go wrong with either though.

tdlyon and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah my answer changes every time. I think I say Blue slightly more often but it's really really incredibly close if there is a winner

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I love weezers videos for the songs too.... How did they do the one with Happy Days, with the original people.... just wild.

13. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I get why some find Pinkerton more appealing but blue is better imo. It's perfect guitar pop with zero filler. They're both wonderful though I would have picked a slightly different tracklist for Pinkerton, they left some ridiculous gems on the cutting room floor.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Always Blue for me

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

That last point is a very good one. "Waiting For You" is a top 3, maybe top 2 song in their catalog.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I'm hoping that the radio silence since the release of Feels Like Summer is an indication that they're reconsidering releasing an album full of songs like Feels Like Summer

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eh, Thank God for Girls was released six months before The White Album, so based off that, I have no reason to believe Feels Like Summer wouldn't be on their next album, or that their next album isn't finished.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Did we just become best friends?

Drewski likes this.
  19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I AAAAAAAASSSSSSSSKKKKKEEDDDDDDDD YOU IF YOU HAD A GOOD HEART.

:verysad:

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I have a playlist of all the Pinkerton b-sides and it's honestly a better "album" than anything released after. I'll always love Long Time Sunshine and Tragic Girl

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Long Time Sunshine is a top 10 Weezer song

I also love You Won't Get With Me Tonight.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to the "Black" album today.

23. radiodead

Trusted

Pinkerton over Blue every single day of the week

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm not sure how long I've felt this way, or if I'll feel this way tomorrow, but Tired of Sex is the best Weezer song

radiodead likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I love Blue and Pinkerton....buuuuuuuuut...I'm a Green album and Maladroit guy over everything else.

solxace likes this.