Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe, but I imagine Rivers demos all the time. Hoping for it!

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Pretty certain that "new" song they released is actually a reworked or re-recorded demo that they brought back for the White album. Not sure what spurned the random release in late winter but whatevs, it's clear why it was a one-off track.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just confirmed on Facebook that it's the first single from their next album, out this summer

dylan likes this.
  4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

New song

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

woof. it's less bad than it is generic which is unfortunate

6. bd007h

Rulling Me is missing.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

dang...super disappointed with the new song. sad face.

8. bd007h

Agreed. However that's how I felt about Thank God For Girls, but then The White Album ended up being fantastic, so not all hope is lost for this album just yet.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I like it. I don't care for the nana's at the beginning and end, but I liked the song, it was fun and catchy, lyrics weren't dumb either

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this is bad song. There's not even a glimmer of hope like there was with TGFG. It's just bad.

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

There's nothing about it that makes me wanna shut it off or anything but it's just kind of there. There are lots of songs like it, and it's a total departure but you can barely tell bc it barely sounds like Weezer imo. doesn't even matter if you mean good or bad weezer

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Oh man. that is just awful.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Don't really like it but I guess it feels less forced than their pop attempts before EWBAITE. Still don't care for Thank God For Girls and I love that album so not judging yet.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Liked it more than I thought I would after reading the reactions but still not really what I want to hear from them right now. Judging from the color scheme this seems like it might be the Black Album still

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just want to re-iterate it sounds like Panic, which shouldn't be surprising after they spent an entire tour with Panic

16. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I'm still going to hope the rest of the album is better. I fully appreciate that the band are doing what they want which is fine - I just don't understand how the band see the reactions to say Ratitude, then the reaction to White and then make a song that sounds like this. Odd. (Then again, its Weezer!)

They also announced a UK Tour. First headline show in Glasgow since 2005. I'm so there.

October
    23 ACADEMY Leeds
    24 O2 ACADEMY Glasgow
    25 O2 APOLLO Manchester
    27 O2 ACADEMY Birmingham
    28 SSE WEMBLEY ARENA London

17. Fox83

Trusted

Back To The Shack was basically an apology letter from Rivers for songs like this. Yea, I don't get it.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  18. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Oh yeah, forgot he actually described the song that way. There was a time where I thought I'd never love a complete Weezer album again and I got EWBAITE and The White Album.. silver linings I guess!

Fox83 likes this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Would not be surprised at all to find out Brendon co-wrote this.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This was my first thought. The tour must have rubbed off on their writing style or something. I don't hate it, but definitely a bit disappointing after the two great albums they released. That said, I hated Back to the Shack but still loved EWBAITE and although I personally like Thank God for Girls, I'd say most people didn't and The White Album is fantastic. So, I'm not going to worry too much about this single.

21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I now realize they had a b-side called "Last Days of Summer" from the White Album, and I mixed the two up lol but yeah, this new track sounds like Panic to me. Not at all like the "dark album" they've been promising, so shrug

22. mirrorsandfevers

what is the vibe?

SIGH

Jim likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Heavy Panic vibes on this one. Not a bad song, just not exactly my thing.

Will probably be their most successful single in a while, though. Which is exactly what Rivers has wanted for these past few albums.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This sounds kind of like a next logical step after "Jacked Up" on White. Could sound nothing like the rest of the album though, if "Thank God For Girls" was any indication.

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I dunno. I kinda like it. But Im a blue/green/pinkerton fan. It doesnt sound like panic to me, but thats me.

dylan likes this.