Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Could not tell ya what Unspoken sounds like tbh

2. AlwaysEvolving21 Jan 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 1, 2022)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hated Hurley when it came out aside from a couple songs. Love about 85% of it now. Especially compared to raditude, make believe, red.

Bonus points for them teaming up with the Jackass guys, Hurley from Lost with the cover, and the brand Hurley in that era too.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

I never understood the love for Unspoken.

There are days that I rank Raditude above Hurley. Such a forgettable album.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hurley doesn't blow me away buy there's only 3 bad songs on it for me so it's easily the best of Weezer's midlife crisis.

Raditude has like three good songs

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hurley is so boring and bland but Unspoken is one of their best songs of the 2010s.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hurley has maybe their worst song ever but other than that it has a lot of great stuff on it. Solid record.

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s gud

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Holy shit, Maladroit (their second best album) turned 20 a few days ago! Also, finally HD versions of the videos for "Dope Nose" and "Keep Fishin'":

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My second favorite album from them. Right behind Green lol. So many memories from those albums.

10. phaynes12

my fave

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

green, blue, and pinkerton - maybe or maybe not in that order.

12. strummer

Was pretty inspired by Weezer to write this original. Please let me know what you think.

PolarBlare likes this.
  13. phaynes12

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

3B7AAD60-18CD-4374-8E93-D3495143C75C.jpeg

Went to the Worcester Art Museum today and found something familiar

15. Listening to Summer Songs 2000 for the first time and these kinda suck lol the best songs are the ones that made it to Maladroit. They definitely picked the best cuts for Green, even if that album is kind of good, not great to me.

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I hope whatever their next project is I like it more than the SZNZ eps, but I’m also glad they do whatever tf they want

17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I really really like Modern Dukes off SS2K. shoulda been on Green

tomdelonge likes this.
  18. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

rivers actually hinted he might utilize some of those song ideas for the next LP

19. Maybe they'll sound better now! They were just kind of not really Weezer-sounding for the most part. The first track sounded like something straight off Dookie lol. "Mad Kow" was cool though.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I love a lot of the SS2K songs

Surfwax likes this.
  21. tomdelonge

Trusted

I dunno if I’d go to bat for them (except O Girl), but SS2K is probably the weezer material i listen to most

22. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I really love ss2k. It’s probably not better than green from a songwriting perspective, but I think it was a missed opp how much they reeled in the energy level in the studio for green from how they were playing the ss2k songs live. Like Photograph and IITS and Smile are all pretty clearly better than most or all of the ss2k songs, but island is the only one where the sterile approach is a feature not a bug.

O Girl is easily one of the best post Pinkerton pre maladroit songs, one of the more shocking cutting room floor tracks in the discog imo.

23. tomdelonge

Trusted

What SS2K doesn’t have going for itself in the “good songs” department, it makes up for with vibes. There’s a Mikey quote about how that summer was all smokin weed and jamming, and that’s what it feels like. Those songs make me wanna write songs cuz writing songs is fun

Allhailburnzy, Rowan5215 and Surfwax like this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Green album official b side are almost all straight fire

Rowan5215, tomdelonge and Surfwax like this.
  25. tomdelonge

Trusted

To think of the ska album we coulda had…

Allhailburnzy likes this.