Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't care about falsetto, but how strained he sounds on "I'm all jacked up."

2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

If I haven't liked anything this band has done since the green album, is this album still worth checking out?

3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

This is better than Green IMO

dylan likes this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Album is pretty much the spiritual successor to Green, so yes.

5. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

It's no different from his falsetto in "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived"

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Really good review. Glad you came around on the closer, time will tell but it could be my second favorite Weezer closer to "Only In Dreams." If I had to nitpick something I think "Summer Elaine" would've gone well right before the closer, but I love "Jacked Up" too. I'm not skipping anything at this point, not even "TGFG" as it's grown on me pretty well. I loved EWBAITE but now a lot of the lyrics feel really forced to me compared to this. This is exactly how Weezer should've made a pop record, it's too bad it took Rivers quite a few missteps to get here haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is like the Green Album if they had actually tried on the Green Album.

dylan likes this.
  8. bd007h

A friend of mine said it's like an alternate reality if Pinkerton was well received right off the bat instead of shat on.

dylan likes this.
  9. bd007h

Dumb lyrics but I like the tune.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Glad you came around on "Endless Bummer." When I read your review, I was a bit disappointed because I always look forward to the final songs on any album I listen to. But when I heard the song, I was really surprised because I totally loved it. Solid acoustic jam. Still agree on "Jacked Up," though; I like the song alright but it's easily my least favorite on the album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

About to listen to this for the first time and I haven't read any reviews or anything about. Keeping hopes high.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

I'm going to have to stop just listening to Summer Elaine...

dylan likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I have never liked anything I've heard from Weezer, but this is ok. Don't think I'll want to come back to it, but it's listenable.

14. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Love this. "Jacked Up" is really great. I personally like this a lot more than EWBAITE.

bd007h likes this.
  15. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I think if you switch King of The World with Do You Wanna Get High? you have a case for one of the best side Bs with a weak side A in recent memory. L.A. Girlz is the clear standout to me along with Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori.

16. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Love this. I didn't get into Weezer til the Red album cycle (I was just discovering music about then) so figured they were a band that had had their glory days behind them. But oh man, do I love this album. Made sure this was the first album I played on the awesome speaker system I got yesterday and I'm so glad I did.

17. JM95

Trusted

This is going to be this year's summer album for a lot of people.

dylan and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

This was the first record I played on my new turntable, and it was definitely a good record to break it in with

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. JM95

Trusted

I love the chord change on the very last line of (Girl We Got A) Good Thing.

20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Ive never really cared about Weezer one way or the other, but randomly decided to check this out. What a jammmm. Gonna be bbq music all summer.

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Girl we got a (good thing) is soooo beach boys. I love it.

I listened to this record prolly 6 times yesterday, haha.

22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think this is the first Weezer album since Maladroit that doesn't have a painfully cringey line in it IMO

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hm, "Thank God For Girls" probably comes the closest?

Who has my "Endless Bummer" guitar tab!?

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Love the quirky lyrics on "Thank god for girls".

25. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah Thank God is what I want from weirder Weezer songs haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.