Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I'll be revisiting this a ton as soon as it's beach season again

Craig Manning likes this.
  2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I need to see this album live. "Wind In Our Sails" is my favorite Weezer track in years. That and "Girl We Got a Good Thing". Just so fucking happy.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yep. Feel like I can't touch this album again until it gets warm out.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I played the full album front to back so many times while driving out to the beach with the windows down last summer. It was glorious.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It went up to like 80 here in mid-April one weekend and I just played that album over and over again.

6. radiodead

Trusted

I'd like to see these songs in a more intimate environment. Saw Weezer last summer on their tour with P!atD and a lot of the new stuff didn't translate at all. California Kids was probably one of the worst live songs I'd ever heard at an outdoor venue. They came out incredibly flat, the song got lost in the wind. Think everything would sound much better in a smaller venue.

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Everything sounds better in a tiny venue. I saw Fall Out Boy in basically a basement the day after they released "My Songs", and Weezer in an incredibly intimate venue for an EWBAITE album show, and those are probably the two best concerts I've ever experienced.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

White album is fantastic. I was really pleased with EWBBITE (unexpectedly) and White Album totally topped that. Haven't seen Weezer live in 12 years (which is the last time they came to Cleveland). Crazy to think it's been so long.

9. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

A song from this album is in the 2nd season of Love (Netflix original dramedy), noticed it in the background pretty cool

ECV likes this.
  10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Does it hopefully sound nothing like "feels like summer"?

11. It's "California Kids"...it's from this album, not the new one.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Haha

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, whoops read it wrong because I'm stupid.

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This album is such an easy listen. I haven't gone back to it since last summer, so I put it on shuffle to play the drums to a few songs, and when I thought I had only played through a few songs I had finished the album

15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Honestly I have no shame in saying this is probably my favorite Weezer album

Mr. Serotonin and KidLightning like this.
  16. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Second this sentiment. Pinkerton and the Blue album are really special and even though this isn't anywhere near as significant, it's such a goddamn fun album. This is probably the most summery album I could think of.

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm with you. I can listen to it front to back and love every song. Perfect summer album.

18. radiodead

Trusted

Yea unfortunately it seems like Weezer took our love for this record and took it wayyyy overboard with "Feels Like Summer". I hope that ends up being a loosie.

I feel like Weezer is the perfect band for loosie singles. Release your super pop oriented singles and then give us the great records fans know you can make.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I really disliked Back To The Shack and TGFG so if I dislike this that should be a good sign since I loved both those albums haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

Love "Feels like Summer", haha.

duritzfan13 and MegaButterfree like this.
  21. MegaButterfree

Regular

Same! I listened to it almost non-stop for a few days when it first came out. >-p Hoping they release another song soon!

22. Mr. Serotonin

I think we're some of the few that like the more production-y Weezer stuff, haha. A lot of people said "You can definitely hear the Panic! influence in "feels like summer". I welcome it. Don't see it as a bad thing at all, haha.

solxace and MegaButterfree like this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Love, love, love how well this album is holding up a few years later.

24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i think im pretty comfortable saying its my favorite at this point

25. chelsealouanne

Regular

Me too! And saying EWBAITE is right behind it.