Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

One of the weirdest things I've heard. Only he would use spreadsheets.

JM95 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. OhTheWater Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2016)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Listening to this for the first time now. It's decent so far, happy vibes. Spiritually in line with Green although nothing hits me anywhere near the best songs on that record. Some of the lyrics are bad, Thank God For Girls remains bad.

Do You Wanna Get High is certainly a throwback
    LA Girlz is wonderful

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I deleted Thank God For Girls and now I can't stop playing this. Big fan, better than Hurley which makes it the best Weezer album since Maladroit. Crazy

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Do You wanna get high is the only song on this that I think is just okay.

6. JM95

Trusted

I rate this more every time I listen to it.

7. GameOfThrones

Regular

Jacked Up is my jam but it definitely bums me out for some reason.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Weirdddd

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

irthesteve and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. JM95

Trusted

Can confirm the new album sounds great on a sunny day.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori is such classic Weezer. This record is so so good.

JM95 likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

What a great, great song.

13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

14. chelsealouanne

Regular

I think it's too much wishful thinking. *sad face* before this tour, Rivers talked about playing Endless Bummer, too, (which I would LOVE to hear) but it seems they're playing the same set as they have been since the White albums announcement and release. It's still early on, so who knows, but I'm definitely a little let down!

Also, happiest of birthdays to our favourite SoCal weirdo, Rivers Cuomo! It's bittersweet as I keep reminiscing this day last year I was celebrating with him.

15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Yeah I know.. that's the one thing about them. They barely play any deep cuts. They're just playing the "pre-release" songs. They did the same with Hurley and Raditude.. granted people can say what they want about those records but it would've been nice if some of the good deep cuts off them got played at all. Rivers even said "Summer Elaine.." is his favorite song off the new record.

Just wish they switched it up more often instead of constantly playing a "greatest hits" set.

chelsealouanne likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I do agree with that, every time I've seen them it's been a "best of." I'm bummed the Blue and Pinkerton tour dates were so pricey, I should have just gone

17. chelsealouanne

Regular

Rivers was also wanting to change the setlist up to make things different not only for them, but the fans who go to multiple shows on a tour. This is what I whole heartedly expected to see after reading what I had not long ago. I think the setup of the stage production wise is really cool, too, just what's missing are those deeper cuts as you had mentioned, and more of the new album. Like you, I have a great appreciation for those "forgotten" albums most fans would rather not remember from their catalogue. "Put Me Back Together" really hits me, and then I just really take a liking to "Smart Girls", "Trippin' Down the Freeway", ect. Maybe it'll change halfway through the tour?

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Nice to see some appreciation for "Put Me Back Together" and "Trippin' Down the Freeway." Love those songs. Would've been nice if they ever played "Trainwrecks" and "Ruling Me" from Hurley too. Pretty sure they only played three songs from that record live. I find it hard to believe the band has no desire to play their new material. They have such an extensive catalog that there's no reason they should have to become a greatest hits band live. Hope it does change as the tour goes on!

20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

21. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Just saw they've been playing "Jacked Up" live. Officially bummed I'm not making a show now.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Every song on this album is so good

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Sounded really good but I couldn't help but notice how dead the crowd was for it so it kind of ruined it for me

24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

this is a really nice summer album.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

kbeef2 and Dirty Sanchez like this.