Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

This thing is so good.

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Jacked Up getting no respect. I fucking love it haha

Ryan Garner, Owlex and DeviantRogue like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I still need to listen to this. R&B albums and Deftones have been getting all the plays from me lately.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm probably gonna be in the minority on this, but EWBAITE was cool for me at first but wasn't something I ever really went back to. Like it's cool that these new "pretty good" Weezer albums exist, but I rarely ever find albums where bands "return to their roots" to be as compelling as... their roots. In this case EWBAITE was solid, but if I wanted the classic Weezer sound I'd just listen to the first two albums, which still do it better.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  5. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I think Jacked Up is my current favorite.

This album is so good start to finish. I'm still a little in shock.

bd007h likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

weird thing about me, I do this with almost every album I like, ha. Obviously not on this site, just for myself.

Aaron Mook and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. I love this album but I haven't been coming back to it as much as I thought I would. I think that'll change when I can blast "Wind In Our Sails" with the windows this summer.

8. JM95

Trusted

I've literally stopped listening to this album just so I won't be bored with it when summer comes.

9. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Say what you want about Raditude but Trippin Down The Freeway is infectious

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'd give that song an honorable mention. Only other song I can listen to on there besides "If You're Wondering" and "Put Me Back Together"

11. bd007h

Not really big on Tripping Down The Freeway, but I do like these two songs as well as "I Don't Want To Let You Go" and "Let It All Hang Out" (despite some cringe-worthy lyrics).

I can only listen to the AOL Sessions version of Can't Stop Partying with Chamillionaire instead of Lil Wayne.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I like all the songs mentioned and Let It All Hang Out is way too catchy to dislike also

I also really love the mashup cover of Kids and Poker Face that was a bonus track on some versions

I think Raditude gets too much hate, I like it more than the Red album

13. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I've been listening to the White Album on repeat since it came out. What an awesome surprise.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. HoodieWeather

Leaked awhile ago.

15. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Was just reading through this thread and observed that there's no clear stand-out tracks people are gravitating to--everyone's favorite tracks seemed to be pretty varied. I think that's a testament to the consistency of the album.

bd007h likes this.
  16. solxace

oh word?

I'm literally the only person that likes In the Mall from Raditude. I love that guitar solo.

17. bd007h

Well it's better than the album version of Can't Stop Partyin... But that doesn't say much hahahaha

solxace likes this.
  18. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Still playing this almost daily. I loved EWBAITE, but I did not play it nearly as much as I'm playing this one. Love being excited about Weezer like the this again.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Best Weezer album in a very long time. Sad to see that it hasnt really been sticking with the sales. Although it debuted at #2 on pure album sales last week, this week its on track to drop to like #44 according to hitsdailydouble.
    Hopefully it picks up by Friday.

20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I still only know the songs that radio was playing - and I dont hear radio playing them now. :/

21. If anyone is interested in doing a Weezer cover for a compilation we're putting together, go here and join in on the fun!

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Thank God for Girls had me bracing for Raditude levels of disappointment, but the hype I've seen for this thing is insane, going to have to spin it on lunch break today.

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm not much of a Weezer fan, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Pretty quick listen, but enjoyable.

24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

25. Mr. Serotonin Apr 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2016)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That was cool. That ad lib thing he was talking about with all of them in a mic'd room just doing whatever comes to their heads is pretty brilliant. I definitely want to start doing that.