Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album) (April 1, 2016) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

While this album might be one of the best of the year (for me), I will wonder this too.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I mean, if you ask Rivers he'll say they've always been sell outs. It seems like they are going to try and capture the vibe of their previous success but I don't know if that makes it any less genuine.

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

20 songs (it was), 30 songs, 40 songs...$70 for a 70 minute set for a band with 10 albums is bullshit, sorry.

4. Keagan Ilvonen

I can't stop listening to this.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Jake Sinclair's becoming one of my favorite producers. I think he has a really good idea of how to get artists out of their shell and get really fun albums out of them.

Mr. Serotonin and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

7. Craig Manning

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Can't. Stop. Listening.

Aaron Mook and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I think I'm gonna make a playlist with this album + other (good) summer-y Weezer songs. Because I wish this album was longer haha

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I already paired this with a couple deep cuts off of green and it works pretty well!

Owlex and Aaron Mook like this.
  11. This is such a fun front-to-end listen. The transition from California Kids to Wind In Our Sail is magic.

bd007h, Mr. Serotonin and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

The songs are so good and the vocals feel very passionate so it's hard for me to think it isn't sincere, or just pandering to the fanbase.

And yeah, California Kids is one of my favorite Weezer songs ever.

JM95 likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Island in the Sun would fit in so well on this album

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Im looking forward to hearing this album. Yes, I know TGFG and KotW which have airplay, but when you talk of Hurley or EWBAITN I had no idea what they were.

Blue.. Green.. Pinkerton... and Red (Pork and Beans)... other than that, well, I live in the 90's, kwim? The set lists for the shows have been identical really.... so I know whats forthcoming from the show - which is nice.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you know Raditude?

16. Craig Manning

You know how people say some albums should have been EPs? Raditude should have been a single.

SpyKi, bd007h, Serh and 1 other person like this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If You're Wondering with Put Me Back Together as a bonus track would have sufficed haha.

Ryan Garner, bd007h and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I still think I'm Your Daddy is a killer pop song.

bd007h likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

It was fun when they played it on Letterman but it's hard for me to get through otherwise.

20. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

This album really surprised me. I really enjoyed this. Pinkerton is one of my favorite albums of all time, but I haven't been into these guys as much. Their last few albums I haven't really enjoyed that much. Happy with this one though.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. slimfenix182

Blink needs to just put out their album right now so I can stop wearing this one out lol. Cannot stop listening to it. Not that I think I'll ever get sick of it.

bd007h and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. demo

i said dont @ me

rather underwhelming album, i never heard their last but its pretty much what id expect from a weezer album in 2016. nothing remotely daring or unique about it. which if youre a weezer fan is clearly fine

23. I never feel inclined to do this, but I've been enjoying this album so much that I figured I'd rank its songs in order of my personal enjoyment:

L.A. Girlz
    Wind in Our Sail
    (Girl We Got a) Good Thing
    King of the World
    Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori
    Endless Bummer
    Do You Wanna Get High
    Thank God for Girls
    California Kids
    Jacked Up

JRGComedy and patrfinley like this.
  24. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I don't think I'd ever be able to do this, but I might sit down and try tomorrow.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. It's an exercise in futility, but...I do what I want. Haha.