Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The Black Album) (March 1, 2019) Album • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 1, 2018.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Was working the Ringo Starr show tonight and they played Rosanna and Africa and gave Weezer a shout out!

2. So does this album actually exist?

3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It’s widely believed that it was scrapped after the horrible reaction to “Cardigan Disaster”.

And the fact that Rivers/Crush seemed to have no idea how to capitalize on the “Africa” hype.

4. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I'd never even heard of this song. Just looked it up. Not sure what you're referring to because the YouTube videos of it have great comments and reactions. Sounds like a ridiculous theory IMO..

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've never even heard of that song

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I just listened to Cardigan Disaster for the first time now. I actually dig it. Catchy hook.

duritzfan13 likes this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

wat

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

AllThingsWeezer ripped it to shreds, and Karl/Crush definitely keep tabs on what that places general reaction is, though they usually ignore it so whatever.

9. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I don't know anything about AllThingsWeezer, but I checked out the song and it's catchy as hell. Did a google search and pretty much all the YouTube and Reddit comments are really positive. It also shows up in some industry databases registered under Warner so I highly doubt a couple negative comments derailed the release for good lol

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It’s not really a “couple negative comments” as much as it is the negative reaction of like the hardcore weez fan community, which makes it sound like gatekeeping, which I guess it kind of is. They’re the one who worked with Karl to make weezerpedia and all that stuff.

11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I mean, they’re pretty used to releasing albums that hardcore Weezer fans despise, no?

Like, they’ve don’t that more than not. Lol

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Right. Weezer hasn’t pleased the ‘hardcore fans’ essentially ever - even Pinkerton was a flop commercially, and Green’s follow up was everything the fan base didn’t want it to be after that. And sometimes it’s seemed as if they’re actively trolling the fan base (see: Raditude, Red, Hurley). Basically, there isn’t a band on this planet who does whatever the hell they want, whenever the hell they want, however the hell they want more than Weezer.

If anything, this ‘I’ll announce a firm date for an album, including its title, and then never address it in any way ever again’ business is classic Rivers/Weezer. I don’t know anyone else would would do that sort of thing, but nothing about it remotely surprises me from these guys.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Well THIS is interesting, gimme gimme gimme!

15. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I would guess they're more interested in continuing Weezer's legacy, doing what makes them happy, and reaching a new audience rather than pleasing a couple die-hards on some fan site. Scrapping a song that's already recorded/prepped for release because a couple people (who are probably going to complain about what they release anyway) didn't like it sounds absurd.

beachdude likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Hm

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Actually really liked that haha. Black Album me now.

19. It's weird and fun - basically all I ask from the band at this point. I'll take it.

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

pretty fun but Rivers sounds bored, hopefully he's more switched-on if they ever release any form of album

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I like this a l o t

AshlandATeam likes this.
  22. choke

Skatecat

Yeah, this works for me.

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Into it

24. radiodead

Trusted