Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Weezer (The Black Album) (March 1, 2019) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I pictured you looking like your avatar when I read your post.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  2. THEY WERE SO GOOD LAST NIGHT

I think I was always skeptical about them essentially playing greatest hits sets at this point, which I understand, but that was more the first half of the set with some surprises in the second half ("Happy Together/Longview," "Take On Me" acoustic, "Burndt Jamb," "California Kids," "Paranoid"). Stage setup was wild and they (as well as Pixies) sounded great. Honestly could've watched them play for another hour and a half. WIsh we could've gotten a little more from Pacific Daydream or White Album, but I highly recommend the tour and would consider driving somewhere close to catch it again.

So happy this band is still active and that I got to cross them off my bucket list.

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I'd have preferred they do smaller sheds on their own and play a longer set, but I still might check this tour out.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

aww

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol @ the cutouts of all three of them from Blue and then Scott.

beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.
  6. radiodead

Trusted

I saw this tour and the White Album tour. I thought the White Album tour was one of the worst I had personally ever seen. Not a Panic fan. Weezer came out wayyyyy flat, something that cannot happen at a massive outdoor amphitheater. Looked genuinely uninterested and did, IMO, a huge disservice to some of their best material with that stupid medley.

This tour was better in ever single way. Pixies are one of the great bands of the last 30 years. Weezer played with high energy. Rivers sounded amazing and the setlist was inspired with great old songs and perfect cover songs. Including some of the better hits from lesser records.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. chelsealouanne

Regular

I had high expectations for this tour because everything online about it has proven the band are at their best right now. I think anyone who has been following this tour knows, and it shows when they are up there playing. All the throwbacks with the stage set-up, Rivers' stage presence and interaction, it was everything I had dreamed of over the last few years since this was lacking, as you had mentioned. My only complaint is I am left feeling sad, missing that show I left last night as we probably won't get to see them for a while (I read Europe tour next summer).

radiodead likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Panic > Pixies

ncarrab likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  10. radiodead

Trusted

Absolutely not

One of the greatest bands and one of the absolute worst

11. chelsealouanne

Regular

Weezer >>>>>>>

Is all that matters, though.

12. radiodead

Trusted

Weezer and Pixies are a toss up for me. I’d rather see Weezer live. Pixies have more great front to back albums.

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Pixies are so whatever to me. Would have preferred to go to the White Album tour.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

“absolute worst”

Now this is a hot take

Larry David and irthesteve like this.
  15. radiodead

Trusted

Guess that depends on how you feel about Panic.

16. beachdude

Why do you think they're so bad if you don't mind me asking?

17. radiodead

Trusted

I mean music is completely subjective. Its a simple as their music hits my ears differently than yours. Outside of that they felt like an FOB retread early on and sophomoric. Brenden (?) vocally has never done it for me at all either.

bd007h likes this.
  18. beachdude

Of course. I was just curious as to your reasoning... fair enough!

radiodead likes this.
  19. Pacific Daydream is such a fun summer album, especially with a few drinks. God damn did I come around on that one. That is all.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  20. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I still can't really get into the first four tracks but if the latter six were released as an EP it would be a solid release.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

bd007h likes this.
  22. Woof, the first four are some of my favorites. "Mexican Fender" through "Sweet Mary" are straight jams, it's the last three that are questionable in my book (but even "Any Friend of Diane's" is redeemable)

radiodead likes this.
  23. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The first four are either too poppy or have too cheesy of lyrics for me, or both. Especially Feels Like Summer. It's as bad as most of Raditude for me.

I think Get Right and Any Friend of Diane's are the strongest songs on the album haha

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Get Right is absolutely fantastic I will not hear otherwise.

bd007h likes this.
  25. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Yeah, Get Right rips.

bd007h likes this.