Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Van Weezer (May 7, 2021) Album • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Sep 10, 2019.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

It makes me feel good!

Aaron Mook and JRGComedy like this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"Charlie Brown" from the updated EWBAITE set is a whole goddamn bop

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

wow that like... half-time classical piano interlude in "Pacific Sunset" is one of the wildest things in Weezer's recorded output

I really hope that's on OK Human like people are speculating

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

OK so I took a week or so break from this all to let things settle before I lost my mind. Just checked back on Rivers' website and the Weezer subreddit. Here's what I have learned:

- All the demos sets on Rivers set are fully fleshed out and able to buy. There's legitimately over 90 hours of music, lordy hahahahah.
    - A glimmer of home, there is a bundle (not for sale yet) on Rivers's site that went up today called "Alone XIII: The Best Of The Demos" which contains 30 songs. Doesn't really seem to be from a specific era though, so it might not be as usefull as I would think
    - BUT on the Weezer reddit, someone went through ALL of the EWBAITE demos and pulled out all the different unique tracks that were like... worthwhile. Read about it here, I might start with this list of stuff: [UPDATED] Alone XI: The EWBAITE Years (Album Version) : weezer

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The best of bundle is going to be a somewhat fluid crowd-curated best of across all of the bundles.

6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

still would like to hear this somehow

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah? did Rivers say something about it?

8. Rowan5215

I bought every bundle cos I'm a goddamn sucker lol

haven't had remotely the time to begin to dive in tho. and also he keeps adding stuff to them with no notifications or anything, so you have to comb through the Dropbox just to see if there's been new stuff added

once we're through Christmas I'm gonna dedicate a week to just soaking it all in though. the EWBAITE bundle genuinely has like 10-12 top tier Rivers all timers on it

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah in the Rivchat. Take it with the appropriate salt though, it is Rivers. He could get bored of this whole thing tomorrow and delete it all lol.

He also asked the chat if people would be interested in vinyl of specific collections of songs like DAH or Ecce Homo.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Still excited to have a simple, pre-defined album in Van Weezer eventually

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The new buzz is OK Human before Van Weez.

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I am excited for both! As long as I don’t need to sort through 600 tracks, I’m sold.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

whoa

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

man I want to buy the EWBAITE demos but 38 just seems exhausting to thumb through or break apart.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. Does the "Maladroit Years" contain the demos that leaked back in the day before the album came out?

17. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Nope mostly answer machine recordings

18. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Everything here (except where he's fucked up haha) is Rivers solo - unclear if he's going to be able to get permission to release full band stuff. He did say he's working on getting the go ahead to release his demos of cowritten stuff, which hopefully means there is some exciting blue album era stuff coming.

19. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

lol holy hell. rivers da gawd

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Guess I should buy the best of at least. I can't fathom sorting through the others holy shit lol

bd007h likes this.
  21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Anyone who sits through 8+ hours of Red Album/Raditude/Hurley demos needs to be put on a watchlist

beachdude, bd007h, btr and 9 others like this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’ll do it for white album tbh

23. Rowan5215

Just gonna give fair warning, the White bundle has like 2-3 fully fleshed out demos and then just a whole bunch of voice memos and stuff. Don't think he can release most of the stuff from that era yet because it was co-writes

beachdude and phaynes12 like this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve already trimmed down the white album demos into a 29 minute album

25. Can't believe I panic-bought the EWBAITE bundle when it first popped up and now it's like 39 hours long or some shit