Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Van Weezer (May 7, 2021) Album • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Ivory Telephone is fucking incredible

Surfwax likes this.
  2. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I'll pretty much die if one of the era bundles is more 95-98 stuff. I'm not really an EWBAITE fan, so this drop is more cool than mindblowing for me, but I've literally been hoping he would do something like this since I was a wee 13 year old like 19 years ago:verysad:

3. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Up in the Clouds is also crazy good. Some real nice late additions to the pack.

4. Surfwax

I think with the notable exception of the chorus to Da Vinci, which is the best thing to make a Weezer record in the 2000s, Up in the Clouds could have pretty easily been the best thing on EWBAITE.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Is there a way to like... download only the new stuff? I see on the dropbox that you can see when things were uploaded, but can't arrange by upload date or anything so it's all mixed in

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

There’s Alone bundles listed for every era now on his store. Not on sale yet, but fucking WILD.

Over 50 hours of content and he just keeps adding to them.

SteveLikesMusic and alphab0t like this.
  7. irthesteve

oh my god, this is insane. Plus he added this image to the bottom of the shop page, lol

[​IMG]

8. irthesteve

I wonder how much overlap this will have with the leaked 500 songs, I expect a fair amount will be overlap

9. irthesteve

looks like it indeed will be overlap, here's what Rivers said somewhere

Hey guys, I'm thinking of abandoning the Mother Lode starter kit bundle. Instead, I'll bundle all demos by era or by other theme, as I originally intended. The Mother Lode bundle idea was in response to the leak. On the other hand, it would still be nice for people to easily buy a large bundle of the most sought after demos. What do you think?

I'd love to include songs with other writers and performers. First would probably be Pat, then the Ozma guys, then maybe Josh Alexander. There are some obstacles though. How to route paypal payments to other people who do not have paypal developer accounts? How to satisfy the pub companies of those writers who have publishing deals? How to do all this without contracts, lawyers, legal fees which would quickly wipe out any income generated? How to do all this without requiring lots of e-paperwork processing by me? I want to be a musician and programmer, not an accountant. Maybe just focus on the Pat scenario first as that would simplest and those are the most desirable demos.

Pretty much everyone, including me, is happy with how this iteration of the Market came out. Many more people bought the first bundle than I had hoped for.

10. This is too much for my wallet/OCD lol.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit. I just started going through the EWBAITE ones, this is overwhelming lol.

I think I’ll pick up the White demos next.

12. irthesteve

the semi-organization of it is what stresses me out the most. I like that he is putting it into different collections, but the files themselves are not tagged well, and there's no like... track list or album art, haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well I guess this makes up for Van Weezer being delayed

alphab0t and irthesteve like this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

So what’s this?

Attached Files:

Onlyadirector likes this.
  15. Surfwax

Wow, Ivory Telephone!!!!!!! Listening now for the first time, this is fantastic.

16. Skinkie

Regular

Seriously, it's like 300 songs now. And completely unorganized. That's going to drive me mad

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

there's like... six more of these folders coming too. organising these is going to be like a full weekend's job lmaoo

irthesteve likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy shittttt.

Related...can anyone send me “everybody needs salvation”?

irthesteve likes this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

What tracklist/versions of songs are people using for Ecce Homo? I want to listen to that “album” before diving into 300 songs lol

irthesteve likes this.
  20. Rowan5215

it's organised into a few albums, so the songs that are tagged as Ecce Homo are "Anonymous 7", "Cleopatra 9", "Empty Inside", "Gravity", "Meet Up With Our Maker", "The British Are Coming 8", "The Rules of Life", "The Tower of Babel", "The Waste Land" and "The Whole Wide World"

of course this is all such a mess that there's likely a bunch of other songs in contention for EH tagged in the wrong place. we also don't have all the songs because he's still working out royalties for stuff that was co-written with other people. so basically there's no one perfect Ecce Homo tracklist to listen to at the moment, just a loose set of songs

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  21. irthesteve

Rivers doesn't give a shit about your OCD

beachdude, Skinkie and alphab0t like this.
  22. Rowan5215

that key change in "Ivory Telephone", lord

23. radiodead

Trusted

There is going to be so much material here when this is all done....like just an absolutely stupid amount.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. Surfwax

For those playing along at home, EWBAITE is up to 2.5 gigs, and pre blue, blue/pink, and late 90s all went up. Looks like most of the stuff from the early/blue/pinkerton eras was uploaded when he sold them 1 person per demo last week but apparently a looot of new stuff in the black room (late 90s) set.

irthesteve and Rowan5215 like this.
  25. irthesteve

beachdude, alphab0t and radiodead like this.