Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer - Van Weezer (May 7, 2021) Album • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Sep 10, 2019.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

if anyone finds it lmk i am curious

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Jesus. There's apparently a 2008 recording of Rivers getting broken up with on the phone part of the leak. It's so awful that got leaked.

beachdude and bd007h like this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

That is indeed shitty on the part of whoever leaked it not to take that out. The temptation to put things out into the public comes with it a responsibility to at least check everything over first.

5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

For the most part, it's not really a leak - Rivers is building a website for a class project where he can sell all these assorted demos one time each, and whoever buys one can decide if it's available for free to everyone, or hidden for just themselves. The leak happened because the song links were right in the website source code, and someone downloaded them all before he got the store part working right. He's since fixed it and everything has been sold as intended. There are some things he removed between the leak happening and the store going live...the phone call's not one of them at least!

tldr: 85% of this stuff was meant to be made available by the man himself

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

very interesting info, thanks

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Whoa. Gonna have to check these out.

8. Surfwax

9. irthesteve

what is Weezer 3

10. irthesteve

Red album?

11. Surfwax

Ah, I just mean a hypothetical third album if they hadn't taken so long after Pinkerton. I don't hate the green album at all, but imo a lot of much better Rivers material is out there (both in this leak and before) from the 96-2000 period than the bulk of what made the album.

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Crab if you want her, she put her knickers on

bd007h, alphab0t, beachdude and 5 others like this.
  13. Lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. irthesteve

ah ok gotcha. I downloaed all these demos, gonna start digging through chronologically and try to make a playlist out of my favorites. Gonna take a while, but that's ok

Surfwax likes this.
  15. irthesteve

Rivers is just so damn interesting. Was googling some info on the Yeastmaster tracks and came across this interview from 2008.

Rivers Cuomo Talks Alone II, Weezer, That Hair

There's SO many gems, but I love this one

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Skinkie

Regular

There was an interview last year or something where he talked about trying to write a computer program to string together lyric bits he wrote so that he would never have to get too personal with them after how Pinkerton was received initially. That horrified me a bit

17. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Rivers is selling Ecce Homo & a bunch of other Everything will be Alright demos in a Dropbox folder on his site

Rules of Life slaps

alphab0t likes this.
  18. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

HES SELLING ECCE HOMO?????!

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Do you know if this part of the earlier leak, or is this completely different?

20. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Completely different set of songs

alphab0t likes this.
  21. irthesteve

22. irthesteve

So do you have this dropbox folder? Or..... how does this work?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I think these songs are supposed to be available for anyone to purchase, not like the one time sales that previously were ripped. However idk I’m just stupid but idk how to buy anything from rivers site.

24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this is insane haha. been waiting to hear "Rules of Life" and "Gravity Will Bring You Down" for years and he just gives them to us

25. irthesteve

I can't figure out how to do anything on his website, like at all. Is this what being old is like?